Growing cucumbers, it is necessary to pay special attention to the state of the soil, the level of humidity and temperature. Such actions will prevent various ailments. Prevention of cucumber treatment is particularly important when caring for seedlings.
Basically, gardeners struggle with plant diseases carried out using household formulations. In this aspect, they are guided by insignificant cost and increased effect of action. Some of them have a much better effect than commercial fertilizers. At the moment, effective recipes have been developed against each pest.
Professional Cucumber Cultivator Tips
When cucumbers have small flowers, a light shade and thin lashes when flowering, this means that the plant lacks nitrogen. In this regard, the question of how to handle cucumbers summer residents recommend using a mixture of mullein. Fertilizer can be prepared by taking 8 liters of liquid and 1 liter of mullein.
If the shape of the fruit is round, and nearby the stem the body is narrowed, then the fruit lacks potassium. Its deficit is replenished by the daily use of wood ash cultivated in water. On one cucumber bush will be enough one liter of solution.
After picking cucumbers, all beds must be cleaned of weeds. Their disinfection can be carried out using a solution of copper sulfate. These preventive measures will prevent crop from fungal and other diseases for several years ahead.
Preventive spraying of plants
Many gardeners are interested in the question of how to spray cucumbers to get high yields. For these purposes, perfectly suitable milk mixture with the addition of thirty drops of iodine. You also need to add three spoons of rubbed soap.
The resulting solution should be used 1 time in 10 days, until the fruit ripens. This mixture is universal against various pests and plant diseases.
In order to treat and protect cucumbers from fungal diseases, an ash solution that acts as foliar feeding of plants is effective. To prepare such a solution, it is necessary to dilute the sifted ash in 2 liters of boiling water with the addition of soap.
Soap is required to rub. In order to prevent such a solution is used once a week. With the appearance of obvious signs of the disease it is used in 2-3 days.
One of the excellent means for preventive measures is considered to be a mixture based on rye bread, 30 ml of iodine, as well as water. Experienced gardeners claim that if you regularly spray cucumbers with this solution, this will increase the yield. The fruits will ripen much faster.
How to deal with powdery mildew
A lot of trouble gardeners delivers mealy dew. Its manifestations are evidenced by white bloom on the leaves. After some time, the leaves become reddish color. If you do not take any measures, the leaves begin to turn yellow and dry. This leads to the cessation of fruiting cucumbers.
It is believed that spores of fungi, which remain in the soil from plants of last year’s crop, lead to this disease. It provokes the development of the disease overcast and rainy weather, as well as watering with cold water. To prevent the development of the disease, you can the following folk remedies.
Take the serum, which is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10. Processing contributes to the appearance of a protective film on the plant. It is possible to add 10 g of blue vitriol to the serum (3 liters). This amount is required for dilution in 7 liters of water. Using tansy, nettle, wormwood (100 g of grass and one liter of water) will allow you to prepare an effective decoction.
Also good results are obtained using the infusion of mullein (1 l is taken to 3 liters of water). Infused for 3 days, and then the filtered composition is diluted in 3 liters of liquid.
Can be treated with ash solution. Good results can be obtained by treating cucumbers with the following composition: 4 g of soda, laundry soap and 1 liter of liquid. Treat plants should be in the evening.
Quite an effective remedy is an infusion prepared on the basis of finely chopped 30 g of garlic, which must be infused in a day in 1 liter of liquid. The resulting composition is diluted in 9 liters of water. With the appearance of new foci of the disease, the treatment is repeated. You can process plants and a solution of potassium permanganate.
Effective measures to eliminate white rot
A disease like white rot has the ability to damage plant leaves with a white patina. Professional gardeners recommend immediately begin processing cucumbers.
If this is not done in a timely manner, then the disease spreads to both the leaves and the stems. Such a plaque can cause the whole plant rotting. Pathology spreads quickly enough when plants are planted close enough to each other in the greenhouse and insufficient air circulation is observed.
At the first symptoms of the disease, it is necessary to disinfect the soil or the greenhouse in time. To do this, prepare a specially designed mixture. It is prepared using two grams of copper sulfate and ten grams of urea. All this must be diluted in ten liters of liquid. Before you begin to process the plants, the mixture must be shaken.
Elimination of brown spot popular methods
Brown spotting or leaf mold is considered a fungal disease. It can damage cucumbers. The first symptoms of pathology manifests itself during the flowering period of the plant. Light olive spots appear on the upper side of the lower leaflets. They become yellow as the pathology develops. On the lower side of the leaves there is a light gray bloom. Due to the pathology leaflets can dry out.
Especially the disease spreads with high humidity. This pathology can affect crops, both in greenhouses and in the open field. It is possible to treat the affected plant with copper-containing fungicides.
In order for the drug to adhere perfectly to the plant, a small amount of liquid soap must be added to its composition. You can replace it with dishwashing detergent. It is necessary to treat the plant against cladosporia in two stages. The interval between them should be from 7 to 10 days.
Effective measures to combat root rot
Such a disease affects plants due to regular abundant watering of plants with cold water. The consequence of the disease is high humidity in the greenhouse and significant soil temperature. Recognize the disease can be on small cracks. They are treated with an ash solution with the addition of 5 grams of copper sulphate.
If the disease is started, the treatment of cracks with activated carbon, dry chalk, ash will be effective.
Experienced gardeners recommend resorting to the use of folk remedies. So, the prepared mixture in a ratio of 1: 2 water and iodine process the stems of plants. Work this solution every 3-4 days. Effective use of infant formula (1 liter) with iodine (30 drops). All this is mixed with 15-20 g of chopped soap in 10 liters of water.
Spider mite and its treatment
No less dangerous infectious disease is a spider mite, which may have a specific color: yellow, brown, green. The pest (1-2 mm) is located on the back of the leaflets. He sucks the juice, leaving holes on the cucumbers.
A good remedy is garlic solution (50 g of minced garlic and 0.5 l of water). The mixture should infuse. Then it is filtered and mixed additionally with the same amount of H2O.
Good results are obtained using the composition based on chopped bitter pepper. It is poured with a small amount of water and languished on the fire for an hour. The resulting mixture is required to dilute in a ratio of 1: 3. Has also proven itself tobacco dust, which powders pre-moistened leaves.
The destruction of gourd aphid
A big danger for cucumbers is melon aphid. It can be dealt with using the following composition: five liters of water, two hundred grams of ash and ¼ of a bar of grated grated soap. The affected parts of the plant are wiped with a sponge dipped in the composition, and it is also applied to the soil near the bushes to scare away the ants.
The processing of the sheet works well, if you take 2 liters of H2O and 40 ml of 9% vinegar. In the evening, plants can be treated with a milk composition at the rate of 500 l of milk, 10 drops of iodine and 1 l of water. You can use 60 g of soda diluted in 10 liters of water.
Ways to prevent anthracnose
Basically, the disease threatens cucumbers planted in the greenhouse. Spores of the fungus spread at the affected areas of plants at an increased rate. They focus in circles. As a result, have the ability to merge. Spores are found in seeds obtained from infected fruit.
The disease can be effectively eradicated using a 5% solution of copper sulphate. After that you should apply honey, lime and coal. You can also make the treatment of plants Bordeaux mixture. These measures are taken 4-5 days before harvest at weekly intervals.
Used suspension of chlorine lime at the rate of 35-40 g per bucket of water. Processing 20 days before picking fruit at intervals of 10 days.
Read more here:
Was this article helpful?
A mixture of iodine and Zelenka
Good results are obtained by processing cucumbers with green paint and iodine. In their composition there are copper compounds that adversely affect plant diseases.
Folk remedies based on antiseptics are easy to prepare. To do this, add 10 ml of zelenka to the bucket of water. After spraying, cucumbers will not become greener, but this remedy will definitely protect against diseases.
Wood ash application
One of the effective folk remedies for cucumber diseases today is wood ash. In addition, the ash eliminates pests and parasites, and also contributes to the growth of culture.
Wood ash will help defeat various types of vegetable mottles that develop under the influence of bacteria. Prevent the occurrence of the disease by spraying the leaves with ash solution. It helps to slow down the development of powdery mildew, which is accompanied by the appearance of spots and white deposits on the sheets. Ash solution will be better to stick to the culture, if you add a little soap into it. Treating the land in the area of ash makes it difficult to move slugs on it.
Traditional methods of treatment of cucumber diseases help to avoid the use of chemicals.
Use garlic solution
Garlic infusion is effective not only from diseases, but from pests. Prepare it easy. There are 2 main recipes. According to the first, you need to chop the garlic cloves and place them in a liter jar, pour 0.5 liters of vegetable oil and 0.03 liters of liquid soap. The mixture should infuse throughout the day. To spray cucumbers, it is necessary to dilute 0.02 l of the solution in 0.5 l of water and stir until it becomes homogeneous.
According to the second recipe, the same amount of garlic cloves is taken (they need to be passed through the press), 1 l of water and 0.015 kg of soap. All ingredients are placed in a two-liter jar and pour water. The full jar is covered with a lid and placed in a dark place for 12 days. After this, the infusion must be filtered, and diluted with water before use.
When spraying with garlic tincture, it is important to strictly observe the recommended concentration. To do this, 0.05 liters of tincture must be diluted in a bucket of water. Ready vegetables are sprayed several times until the pests leave them.
If plants are sick during harvest, they cannot be treated with chemicals. It is advisable to solve the problem with iodine and milk, or at least serum. Its composition contains monoacid bacteria that can inhibit the activity of fungi and saturate the culture with useful substances.
As a result of applying the serum on the leaves of a vegetable, a thin film is formed that protects them from the ingress of fungi. However, the treatment of plants with serum has one major drawback - the short-term action. Therefore, such treatments should be regular.
It is desirable to process the culture in July, since during this period it is most weakened. Undiluted serum processing of the culture is prohibited. Before use, dairy product must be diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1. The finished solution is heated to 25 ° C and only after that they can process the vegetable.
Feeding with mullein solution
Powdery mildew, which is characterized by the appearance of a gray plaque on cucumbers, gradually leads to their death. The first symptoms of the disease are easy to defeat with the help of natural supplements - mullein tincture. In addition, this fertilizer has been shown to improve crop growth.
It is very simple to prepare a healing solution: it is enough to dilute fresh manure in water in equal quantities. The solution should be allowed to stand for a day, then dissolve in a ratio of 1:10. The solution must be thoroughly mixed and poured over the rows between them at the rate of 1 bucket of fertilizer per unit area. Dung slush should be combined with water (1: 4) and left to warm for a week, then pour into a solution of water and feed the vegetable.
Iodine treatment rules
Treatment of cucumbers with iodine helps to save them from a number of diseases. In particular, iodine helps to defeat root rot. The causative agents of the disease live in excessively moist soil. The disease is accompanied by darkening of the roots, yellowing of leaves and falling off of the ovaries.
Effective treatment of root rot provides for lubrication of cucumber stalks with iodine solution (part of iodine into two parts of water). The procedure must be repeated several times.
The use of this folk remedy effectively against powdery mildew. You can get cucumber from this disease by preparing a mixture of 1 liter of milk and 10 drops of iodine, which dissolve in a bucket of water. The mixture should be sprayed plant and soil.
Onion Husk Infusion
What could be more harmless infusion of onion peel? But for aphids and ticks - death. You need to take half a bucket of onion peel (for example, I collect it during the winter), pour 10 liters of hot water (70 degrees) and insist for 24 hours. Separated infusion needs to be diluted in half and spray the plants every other day (only 3-4 times). By the way, such an infusion also feeds plants with a mass of extremely important trace elements.
Powdery Mildew Fight
I can offer the most affordable and most popular: whey. It is necessary to take 3 liters of serum and 1 teaspoon of copper sulfate, 7 liters of water. Spray abundantly.
I just want to note that downy mildew (peronosporosis) in recent years is not as common as at the end of the 20th century: they learned how to prevent the disease, to effectively deal with the lesions. Seed treatment, soil disinfection after cucumbers with copper sulphate (50 g per 10 l), etc. - preventive measures, but mandatory. A disease occurs after prolonged cold rains, due to sudden changes in day and night temperatures. If you did not observe such factors, you may have stimulated the development of the harmful fungus yourself by pouring cold water on cucumbers.
Cucumbers: basic information
- Preventive measuresThis disease manifests itself first on the leaves and cuttings, and then affects the fruits, forming carnival spots on them, turning into ulcers that penetrate into the cucumber and change its color to a pale color.
- You can slow down the disease or stop it with the help of such drugs as Aktara, Aktelikt.This fungal disease appears on the leaves as white spots, which are formed by the superficial mycelium of the fungus. For the sprouting of mycelium, a low temperature to 15-16gr is necessary. and high humidity for 3-4 days. You may notice that the disease appears within 2-3 days after or during cold prolonged rains.
- The main activity of slugs occurs at night, when they, without fear of daylight, devour the greens of the cucumber and spoil the fruit, eating the flesh. Also, slugs spoil the quality of the crop with traces of mucus and dark droppings.Cladosporeceae cucumber - a disease of the plant that affects the fruit
- Root rot can affect seedlings and even adult plants, regardless of where they land. A part of the root of the cucumber bush dies, the entire root system and the neck of the plant begin to fall ill, the stem becomes thin and the plant slowly dies. If we talk about the course of the disease, the root rot "burns" the root, and the stem becomes rotten.In order for the disease not to hit the plants in the next season, it is necessary to destroy the plant debris and carry out a deep soil digging of the beds,
- Even at that moment, as you only thought about planting cucumbers at the country house this season, you should simultaneously provideCategories: Cucumbers
- When planting plants next year, you should not have cucumbers in the places where pumpkin, cucumber, squash and squash were previously located.Уже с появлением первых всходов каждому дачнику приходится вести борьбу с различными заболеваниями растений. В таком закрытом пространстве, как теплица вредители и вирусы чувствуют себя еще лучше, чем на открытом грунте. Here they have created optimal conditions for life, in view of which it will not be easy to fight. Before you start the battle, you should carefully read the information on the "cucumber disease".
- Prevention and treatment of olive spot or cladosporia.Compared with conventional mosaic, this viral disease can develop, and consequently only plants of the pumpkin family can be infected, and that is not all, zucchini and pumpkins are not affected by this virus. But for cucumbers, it is no less dangerous than a regular mosaic, especially its more aggressive strain, which causes the symptoms of a white mosaic.
- When sunny weather occurs abundant sporulation and spread of the disease. From individual spots, the leaves are covered with an almost continuous white bloom, later moving to the shoots, the leaves are deformed and dry.
- You can fight with slugs in cucumbers by pollinating the soil with ash, slaked lime, constantly digging up the soil,
- Melon aphids meet on the cucumber is not a problem. Crayons insects that destroy everything in their path, located on the bottom of the sheet, attacking flowers, ovaries and fruits of cucumber. During the period of its vigorous activity and reproduction, leaves fall off the plant, flowers wither, the harvest sharply decreases due to the weakening of the mother plant. If during the period of attack of aphids wet weather is observed, the plants often cannot be saved at all.
Root rot of cucumber spreads due to improper sowing (substandard seeds, cold soil), due to cold irrigation, heavy soil, high humidity, temperature fluctuations. The infection can remain for a long time in the soil of the garden and on the remains of diseased cucumber bushes.
Prevention of diseases and pests of cucumber
If powdery mildew has only been seen on cucumbers, it is necessary to increase the rate of top dressing with potassium,Preventive measures that will not only help save cucumbers from pests and diseases, but also be able to prevent themFighting diseases and pests of cucumbers Fighting diseases and pests of cucumbers is one of the main concerns of summer residents who practice the cultivation of this vegetable on its own plot. Our today's material is dedicated to this particular topic.
- Already with the appearance of the first shoots, every summer resident has to fight against various plant diseases.
- It is better to tackle the soil, seeds and seedlings in advance than to poison the almost ready crop with pesticides
- As preventive measures, they try to create favorable conditions, cover cucumbers during cold spells and, on the contrary, air them in good weather. Sow cucumbers or seedlings on clean compost beds. Apply disease-resistant varieties.
- The signs of such a disease are the initial appearance of swollen tubercles on the leaves, and the appearance of white dry spots or whole areas already indicates a transition of the disease from green to white mosaic.
- Without taking preventive measures at the first stage of the disease, the plant can die completely.
- Be sure to monitor the cleanliness of the site and the cleaning of plant residues,
- It is required to remove plant residues from the site in time, try to destroy weeds,
- Watering only with warm water, not under the root of the plant,
- If the disease continues to spread and endanger the whole flower bed, you can apply toxic chemistry - Topaz or Oxy, strictly according to the manufacturer's instructions.
. A small list of requirements, on which you will spend not so much time, will save not only the plants and the quantity of the crop, but also its quality, especially if you are engaged in high-quality crops. So, what should be the correct prevention of diseases and pests of cucumbers?
The fight against powdery mildew of cucumber
Most summer residents know how to grow a good crop of cucumbers in a greenhouse, creating optimal conditions for the culture for growth and development. The priority task of lovers of fresh home-grown vegetables should be not only timely watering, weeding, feeding and maintaining the temperature, but also protecting their "wards" from diseases:
- When symptoms of the disease appear, spraying with a solution of Bordeaux mixture or preparations of copper oxychloride up to 4 times during the season is used.
- The virus is very resistant and easily transmitted from plant to plant, stored in seeds, plant debris, and can even live on garden tools.
- Cucumbers are susceptible to the disease during a period of sudden changes in temperature and low light. Calcium deficiency and excessive nitrogen content also make plants resistant to powdery mildew.
- A good method to combat slugs is considered to be the layout of a section of special shelters under which slugs will be assembled in the morning (burdocks, rags, boards, pieces of cardboard). Also, you can always treat the beds of cucumbers with Metaldehyde.
- Also, it is necessary to observe the change of plants, dig up the soil until the fall, disinfect the soil,
- Treatment of the lower part of the plant cleared of the soil with chalk or fresh sawdust, sand or peat,
- Cucumber Mealy Dew: Disease Detection and Control
Fighting white rot of cucumber
- If the disease has already appeared, use a mixture of a teaspoon of copper sulfate, half a liter of water, 3 tbsp. tablespoons of chalk, wood ash. The presented mixture processes the affected parts of the stem.
- The disease presented is caused by the bacterium Pseudomonas lachrymans. If angular spots appeared on the leaves of plants, and brown ulcers are present on the cotyledons, it is bacteriosis in front of you. Over time, infected tissues become brown in color, and holes can form on the leaves.
- The onset of the disease is the appearance of white, fluffy mold on different parts of the plant, subsequently black dots form on it, the stem or other affected areas soften, and it is easier to rot and the higher part of the plant dies.
Prevention and treatment of green speckled and white mosaic of cucumber.
Fighting Cucumber Root Rot
- Solid colonies of melon aphid are removed from cucumber Inta-Vir, according to the instructions.
- If the plant is sick, its affected parts should be removed from the garden bed. If it began to wither away, the plant should be completely removed from the dacha’s territory,
- Downy mildew of cucumbers spreads due to condensation, high environmental humidity, temperature drops at night and during the day, due to cold irrigation, morning cold dew and fog. It spreads very quickly, as it is carried even by the wind.
- It is customary to plant cucumbers only in high-quality soil, clean, loose, fertilized, fertile.
- Ovaries, Diseases, Pests, Mistakes, Spider mites
- Chalk, coal or ash can be applied to sore spots.
The disease affects the fruits. The characteristic property of a lesion for a fetus is the presence of sores, the impression that birds have pecked on a cucumber.
Fighting anthracnose cucumber
- But if the disease has already appeared, then you can try to stop it with old folk remedies - spraying the plants with milk cream or whey left over after cooking the curd, diluted 1:10. Infusions and decoctions of nettle with admixture of silicate glue for sticking, also has a inhibitory effect on the fungus.
- Bringing the whitefly is difficult because of its high fertility, but the methods themselves to combat the pest of cucumbers are quite simple. They consist in spraying or washing the insect larvae from the leaves of the plant. Next, you should slightly loosen the soil in the garden and spill it with humus or peat,
How to deal with gourds on cucumbers?
Cladosporeous Cucumber (Olive Cucumber Spot)
Plant cuts should be powdered, the soil should be disinfected, watering should be moderate for a while, dusting the soil (at any landing site) should be done with dry bleach (about 150-200 g for each square meter of bed, and be sure to be raked)
Experts recommend combating peronosporosis in the following ways:
Fighting olive cucumber spotting
- In order for cucumbers to suffer less from various kinds of diseases, it is necessary to choose varieties that are resistant to them.
- Features of care:
- In the process of watering, see that the water gets only on the ground.
- In order to prevent the occurrence of the disease should start with the seeds. Do not forget to leave them in zinc sulfate solution for a day. Next, planting material must be dried and you can land. A good effect is the treatment of cotyledons and leaves of the Bordeaux mixture.
The main preventive action is the observance of sanitary measures before planting and during the cultivation period. This application of crop rotation or replacement of soil in the greenhouse, watering with warm water without spraying, timely removal of dried leaves and affected areas.
Fighting gourd aphids
- Of the chemical agents, these are the drugs Kvadris, Topaz, and Jet. Spraying is carried out both on the upper and lower parts of the leaves and shoots.
- The fight against the whitefly is possible with the help of tobacco, which is planted around the perimeter of the cucumber beds. When the whitefly gathers on the plant, it is treated with Inta-Vir.
- Spider mite lives on the underside of a leaf of a cucumber and eats its greens. The small sucking insect of red-green color is very dangerous for cucumbers, especially in greenhouses. By damaging the plant and leafing the leaves with a small cobweb, the tick destroys whole beds, especially in hot weather, when the number of individuals increases significantly.
- After the detection of the disease and the measures taken - cleaning sick plants from the beds and disinfecting the soil, all the boxes, trellis, stretching tools, etc., should be washed with powder).
Seed treatment before planting, warming and disinfection with potassium permanganate solution,
Fight against spider mite
- Care, Secrets, Tying, Planting, Greenhouse, Growing, Lighting, Temperature
- Dead infected plants must be removed, and those places where they were located, it is recommended to treat the solution of copper sulfate.
- Apply tools such as a mixture of disinfectants, fungicides and insecticides. You can stay on this version, as Aktellik, “Bayleton”, “Farmod-3”. Good effect give checkers "Fas" and "Climate"
- As a suppression of the disease using a biological product.
- It is possible to slow down the spread of an already existing disease by spraying with skimmed milk of 10%.
A very dangerous fungal disease of cucumbers, which affects not only the leaves, but also the fruits.
The whitefly is an active pest of cucumbers and other crops.
Fight against ants
- The first thing that needs to be remembered is proper soil moistening, and if wet conditions are favorable for many diseases or pests, then for spider mites the element is over-dried soil under cucumbers,
- Cucumber Root Rot - A disease that quickly ruins a crop
- Disembarkation occurs only in heated and healthy soil, over-wetting is not allowed. Watering young plants only with heated water, mandatory dressing at all stages of cucumber growing,
- Do not forget about the weeding of plants, because weeds not only interfere with the growth and ripening of cucumbers, but also are carriers of many infections.
When planting cucumbers, only a nutrient pot is placed in the hole. The stem of the plant does not touch, hilling is not carried out
- This is one of the most common diseases of cucumbers in the greenhouse. Its main danger is that it can appear at any stage of plant development. However, most often peronosporosis occurs in August, during fruiting. The disease persists on the soil for a long period - up to 7 years.
- Another bacterial disease of cucumber, the main source of infection are seeds obtained from diseased plants. The disease mainly spreads in film greenhouses at high humidity with the formation of droplets covering the plants.
It begins with the formation of a different shade of brown uneven spots on the leaves of the plant, then the spots grow, become darker, even black, dry and fail, be it hardened. Later, the fungus infects the fruit, forming on them the depressed brown spots, extending deep into the cucumber up to 3-5 mm.
- Be sure to carry out cleaning of the soil in greenhouses and disinfection,
- The disease of cucumber is manifested by large rounded patches of yellow-brown color on cotyledons and the deciduous part of the plant, but, due to increased humidity, the plant is covered with a bloom of pink color. The raid spreads around the plant, concentrates in some places, forms small ulcers and kills the plant. The disease quickly affects cucumbers, the bushes of which darken and the fruits shrivel. The strength of the disease grows with increased humidity, dew and rain, anthracnose quickly spreads to the root system and destroys the plant. After that, the infection can be transmitted with plant residues and seeds.
If the disease is already present on the garden, the plants are treated with a milky solution (1: 9 with the addition of 10 drops of iodine for every 10 liters), also with a solution of urea (not more than 1 g per 1 liter of water),
It should be very careful with planting and care, observe crop rotation.Cucumber
You definitely need to know how to treat cucumbers for diseases
How to make so that cucumber diseases do not make themselves felt? Use biologics! To begin with, the treatment of old, otblodonosivshih plants. Apply tools such as a mixture of disinfectants, fungicides and insecticides. You can stay on this version, as Aktellik, “Bayleton”, “Farmod-3”. Good effect give checkers "Fas" and "Climate".
The main features: the leaves turn brown and large oily spots are formed on them. The main cause of this cucumber disease is a sudden change in temperature or watering with cold water.
Root rot can both fungal and bacterial origin. The source of infection can be affected seeds and soil containing pathogens.
The disease manifests itself by the formation of angular gray spots on the lower leaves of plants. The spots have a Pancake week, and on the lower side of the leaf there is an accumulation of yellow drops in which the accumulation of bacteria occurs. When these drops are washed away, the disease spreads to other leaves and conquers more and more space. If you reduce the humidity, the drops dry up, and the spots turn black and fall through. The ingress of bacteria on the fruit leads to the formation of small ulcers and curvature of cucumbers.
The cause of the disease is mainly infected seeds collected from diseased fruits, the fungus is also stored on plant debris and in the upper soil layer.
- a difficult process, but if you take it seriously, and even carry out preventive measures, it can be greatly simplified. We recommend reading the article about the best methods of dealing with slugs.
As a preventive measure, it is necessary to observe crop rotation, warm up or pickle the seeds and use disease-resistant cucumber varieties.
If the disease develops on an adult plant, then in addition to the defeat of the leaves and stems, it also affects the fruits, especially at low temperatures. They bend, mosaic yellow spots appear on the green body of the fruit, sometimes the fruit dries out, becomes wrinkled, and the flowers do not develop.
Posted on November 29, 2013
The fight against cucumber diseases is a whole “epic” of consecutive actions aimed, first of all, at preventing the occurrence of infections. It is better to tackle the soil, seeds and seedlings in advance than to poison the almost ready crop with pesticides. In the fight against diseases of tomatoes in the greenhouse will help this material.
- To begin with, reduce watering and fertilizing for a week.
- Votes, average:
- At the first signs of the disease, spraying with Ridomil Gold, MC, Kuprosat is possible.
- Prevention and treatment of cucumber mosaic.
- The author: Valery Medvedev
Ants can be removed by dusting the soil with slaked lime or ashes, as well as boiling water over their nests.
Treat the plants with Bordeaux mixture, its 15% solution, as a preventative,
- A complete disinfection of the greenhouse or the ground near the garden is carried out; plants are also fed (2 g of copper sulphate and 10 g of urea are used for a bucket of water, spraying consumption is 1 l per 10 m2.
- If the plant continues to hurt, the shrub is treated with ground sulfur powder (about 25-30 g per 10 m2 of planting), or with a solution of sulfur colloid (0.3% sulfur, 25-30 g per bucket of water),
- Ask a question for free
- Attention, only TODAY!
- Next is the treatment with the drug "Topaz" or "Oxyhoma".
- Грибковое заболевание огурца, возникающее вследствие резких перепадов температур с повышенной влажностью, часто проявляется от полива дождеванием холодной водой.
- В качестве предупредительных мер, старайтесь соблюдать севооборот, не допускать появление на грядке сорняков, высаживать огурцы в компостированный грунт, укрывать от возможных похолоданий. Не допускать появление тли, как переносчиков заболевания.
- Perhaps the most common disease of not only cucumbers, but also of many other cultures. As a result, infection can be transmitted not only from cucumbers.
- Ants are attacking cucumbers? It does not matter, there is always an effective means
- Be sure to feed with potassium sulfate.
- White rot of cucumber: how to quickly cure the plant and save the crop?
Spraying of plants with mullein is also considered effective,
More than 70% of summer residents who are engaged in vegetable gardens on the territory of land plots grow cucumbers and other popular crops. Site selection, seed preparation, soil fertilizer and long-term care are just a small list of those concerns that the plant will have to achieve high results at the end of the season. But all of them can be crossed out at one moment, and there will not be long-awaited cucumbers on the cucumber bushes on the bed, on the grid in the open field or on the trellis in the greenhouse, or their quality will be very spoiled. Perhaps this is the case if the crop is attacked by pests, or cucumbers will be infected with certain diseases. Naturally, the harvest is very reluctant, especially at that moment when the cucumbers began to bloom and showed the ovary. Therefore, one should take extreme measures and fight for their rights to tasty and fragrant cucumber fruits that are needed for fresh salads or canning.
0 # 1Ekaterina20.03.2015 10: 45When we went to visit my grandmother in the summer, we found a wondrous picture - root rot spread in the greenhouse, a large greenhouse, many cucumbers were planted. Well, we wanted to help my grandmother, but she didn’t agree on drugs and diligently poured salt and iodized water on the ground, then with a solution of ash, managed even to pour kerosene (!). Did not help. Half of the cucumbers withered, and only after these tensions did she give the opportunity to apply Topaz. So I’m extremely wary of the popular methods of struggle. Quoting + 1 # 2Vlad21.07.2015 09: 03 Although a lot of means have been developed to fight against peronospora, it will not be possible to completely overcome it. Both chemical and biological agents only slow down the course of the disease, and in greenhouse conditions, the causative agent of re-spinal infection feels like a resort. In small greenhouses or greenhouses, the most effective means of prevention will not be disinfection, but a complete replacement of the soil, and preferably not from your own vegetable garden. This procedure is time consuming, but the result is worth it. Tsitirovat + 1 # 3Margarita08.08.2015 12: 25In the greenhouse began to dry and roll up the tops of the stem of cucumbers. But this happened only when the stems reached a height of 1 meter. I was sure that this kind of disease. She studied the entire Internet in search of an answer, what kind of attack from my cucumbers. But an expert neighbor explained the situation. It turns out that it was just a lack of calcium in plants. :-) Quote + 1 # 4Roman10.08.2015 10: 41 For the prevention of fungal diseases of cucumbers, with the seedling method, a tool that is used for presowing treatment of potatoes helps a lot. "Prestige", "Matador", "Masterpiece" or other analogues, since they are designed for protection, including and from fungal diseases. Plant roots are soaked in a solution of the drug for 10 minutes, and then planted. Resistance to diseases as a result increases. To quote + 1 # 5 Mila26.10.2015 17: 03 For cucumbers in the greenhouse you need an eye and an eye and knowledge. It is easier with fertilizers: you need to be fed in time, to bring organic matter for the winter. And with diseases and pests more difficult: it is necessary to recognize and take adequate measures in time. I have long refused to grow cucumbers using seedlings, sowing directly into the ground. So the plants are stronger and less prone to disease.
Then in the greenhouse airing is carried out, and cucumbers are covered for the night with a film.