Friday, September 2, 2016
Today I have for you a recipe for apple jam - an incredibly thick, fragrant, moderately sweet and tasty dessert. Natural apple jam can be not only a complete delicacy, but also a wonderful additive for home baking. After complete cooling, the jam will become even thicker, and after a few days of storage it can literally be cut with a knife.
To make apple jam, you need only 3 ingredients - apples, sugar and water. You can get a completely new product, with different shades of flavor and taste. To do this, suitable spices such as cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, vanilla, cloves, allspice - do not be afraid of experiments in the kitchen and add whatever you like.
Preparation of dishes step by step with a photo:
The recipe for apple jam, which we prepare for the winter, includes simple and affordable products: apples, granulated sugar and water. By the way, water is an optional ingredient, that is, it can be reduced or not added at all. It directly depends on the juiciness of apples, which you will use when preparing homemade jam.
So, we reserve patience and begin to create. Apples for jam, I advise you to choose sweet and sour varieties so that the finished dessert does not turn out to be sugary and sweet. If you have the fruit of sweet varieties, the amount of sugar can be reduced to taste. Absolutely any fruits are suitable for jam - crumpled, soft, broken or, on the contrary, unripe. My apples, all ugly places (including wormy ones) are mercilessly cut and discarded. The skin should not be removed - we remove only the stalk.
And a little secret: the seed boxes that we cut from apples are not thrown away. We put them in a small saucepan and fill with water. We put on medium heat and cook under the lid until soft - 10-15 minutes is enough. What is it for? It's simple: it is in these hard partitions where seeds live that a huge amount of pectin is contained. This is a natural substance that will help us naturally thicken applesauce.
While the seed pods are boiled with a small amount of pulp on them, we crush the apple slices (2.5 kilograms). Finely chop them with a knife, skip through a meat grinder or three on a coarse grater. Personally, I prefer the first option - the fact is that then you need to less interfere with the contents of the dishes. We put the pan (I have a capacity of 4 liters) on a quiet fire and cover with a lid - let it be slowly stewed.
When the bolls are soft and transparent, they are ready
Drop them on a sieve and wring out with a spoon.
Here is our assistant - pectin.
Pour it into a saucepan with apples. There we pour 200 grams of sugar, mix everything up a little. Close the saucepan with the lid and simmer the apples on medium heat until soft. Do not forget to stir the fruit several times in order not to stick to the walls and bottom of the pan. If the apples are very dry, add a little more water - then it will still evaporate.
Depending on the variety and juiciness of the fruit, the softening process may take different time. I cooked apples for about 25 minutes.
Now it is important to turn the fruit pieces into a completely uniform and smooth mashed potatoes. Here an immersion blender will help us - just punch through the entire contents of the pan. For perfectionists in food, I can offer another way - to wipe the mass through a sieve. Then in the finished apple jam will not even a hint of small patches of fruit. But personally, I do not do that.
Add the remaining sugar in apple sauce - 600 grams.
All mix and cook further on a quiet fire. Here I could have done more 5-6 step by step photos showing how the mixture boils down. But she did not do it not because of innate laziness, but because there is nothing to show. Just the contents of the pan will thicken and decrease in volume.
However, I have something to say. The process of boiling down the apple mass is long and laborious. In the absence of time, it can be stretched for 2-3 days, or it can remain standing at the stove for several hours, constantly stirring the mashed potatoes with a spoon. I chose the path of least resistance - I made jam for 2 days (with interruptions in preparation). Initially, on the quietest fire, the apple mass will barely gurgle, but at the same time it will spit so that the entire ceiling will be in freckles - that is why it is so important to stop the mashed potatoes. You can half cover the pan with a lid - then the ceiling and everything else around will be safe. And so as not to burn - a very urgent problem. There was a moment when I was distracted and forgot about the pan for 15 minutes. I come, and the puree managed to stick to the bottom (but not to burn) to the bottom - then I mixed everything well and once again broke through the mass with an immersion blender. If for some reason you need to leave somewhere urgently, simply turn off the heat and leave the applesauce. Then come back and cook further. As a result, we need to reduce the mass at least 2 times and get a very thick apple jam. In the end, you can make a strong fire and continuously stir the contents of a spoon - the liquid will evaporate just before our eyes. A check on the readiness of the jam is its appearance and texture - it begins to move away from the walls. Spend a spoon on the bottom of the pan - there should be a groove that fills the mass very slowly.
Jam keeps its shape perfectly and practically does not move.
And even if you turn the spoon or spatula. It's time to close the finished apple jam for the winter.
Banks with lids must be pre-sterilized - this is done while the apple jam itself is being prepared. Each hostess has her favorite method, and I do it in the microwave oven - I wash my cans in soda solution, rinse and pour about 100 ml of cold water into each. Steaming in the microwave at the highest power for 5-7 minutes each. For example, two jars will be enough for 6-8 minutes, and three - 10 minutes. I cover the lids on the stove for about 5 minutes. Spread boiling apple jam on the banks.
Close the lids with a typewriter or twist screw.
Turn the cans upside down and wrap a blanket or rug. In this position, give the billet for the winter to cool completely. Then we transfer to the basement or cellar and store until needed.
All of the specified number of products I get 3 full jars with a capacity of 0.5 liters and about 300 milliliters.
After complete cooling, the apple jam will become even thicker, and after a few days of storage it can literally be cut with a knife.
Good luck to you apple jam for the winter and delicious homemade pastries with this flavored additive!
Jam from apples according to the classic recipe
The classic recipe is the easiest and fastest option to cook the jam.
- 1 kg of ripe apples.
- 500 grams of sugar.
Before you start to cook the jam, it is important to determine how you will turn the mass into mashed potatoes. As if to pass apples through a sieve, then from them at the beginning it will not be necessary to cut out the middle part and to clear from a peel as it remains in a sieve.
And if you want to use a meat grinder or blender, then it is necessary to clean and cut. Since coarse membranes will spoil the overall picture of the tender apple jam.
I will say right away that sugar should be added to taste as it is necessary to look from which apples you will make jam. If the apples are sourish, then the sugar should be more if the apples are sweet, something for less. In general, you need to watch and try. And according to the guest sugar is added at least 50% of the total mass of apples.
1. Apples my mode on slices.
2. Put the slices in the pan. Fill with water and put on the stove. Water should almost cover the apples.
3. Next, bring the water to a boil and boil the apples for 30-40 minutes. Cook and mix all the time, because apples love to burn and then jam will have a burnt flavor.
4. In the process of cooking the slices should be boiled soft to a state of mashed potatoes. But sometimes when the apples are too dense, some lobules are still whole. Then the whole mass will need to turn into a puree. This can be done in three ways.
Skip the mass through a meat grinder.
To grind weight through a sieve.
If you grind on a sieve, let the mass cool down first.
5. Now you have a clean apple mass from which you can boil the jam. Pour the mass into the pan try for sugar. We pour the necessary quantity we mix and we put on slow fire. Cook for 30 minutes, do not forget to stir the jam so that it does not burn, and then cook to the desired thickness.
6. Check the density as follows. We drip a bit of jam on a plate and if the drop does not spread in all directions, then you can safely lay it on the banks and harvest apple jam for the winter.
That's the whole classic recipe for apple jam bon appetit.
Thick apple jam
As you know, many people use apple jam as a filling for baking. From the liquid jam very bad stuffing so you need to cook and cook a thick jam how to do this, read our recipe.
- On 1 kg of apples 1 glass of sugar.
1. Apples to sort, wash, cut the center, peel and cut into slices.
2. Apple slices twist in a meat grinder.
3. Pour the mass into the pan and place it on the stove. Bring to a boil, cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly.
4.Mass began to thicken you can make sugar. And cook on to you need to thicken. It takes about 30-40 minutes.
5. During cooking, the jam should darken and become very thick.
6.When the desired thickness is reached, turn off the heating, lay the jam on sterilized jars and tighten the lids. Thick jam for the winter is ready to enjoy your meal.
Jam of the old recipe
In order to cook the jam for this recipe you need a little patience and a lot of time. As the jam is being prepared in several approaches.
1. Apples we will sort out, we will wash, we will allow to drain water. Peel and cut into 2-3 cm small pieces. Simply put, we cut the apples into cubes.
2. Put the sliced apples into a saucepan, add sugar and stir overnight. Remember by this principle we boiled transparent apple jam. Where they also covered lobules with sugar and left overnight in order for the juice to stand out from the apples.
3. In the morning you will see that a large amount of juice has stood out. Now you can put the pan on the stove and boil the future jam for about 10-15 minutes. Next, set aside the pan and wait until the mass is completely cooled.
4. After 5-8 hours, put the saucepan on the stove again and again cook the mass for 10-15 minutes after boiling. Repeat this procedure 3-4 times. During this time, the apples will boil down to the desired thickness. And most apple slices will turn into puree. It is possible that already at the 2-3 stage your jam will reach the consistency you need then you should not repeat the procedure a few more times. You can already lay the jam on sterilized jars, and tighten the lid.
Jam of apples and pears
At the end of the summer not only apples ripen, but also pears and why not boil apple jam with the addition of pears. It's so delicious.
- Apples 1 kg.
- Pears 1 kg.
- Sugar 500 grams.
1. Take apples and pears. For jam fit fruit so to speak not a presentation. Crushed with battered sides or even overripe. But only without a trace of rot. We recycle them, namely, we cut away suspicious parts and cut fruits into small slices. You do not need to peel the skin and cut out the middle part, as further we will skip everything through a sieve.
2. Fold in a large cauldron or pot with a double bottom and set it on the stove. You can add a little water so that the jam process starts painlessly and quickly.
3. And so the apples and pears on the stove, the water boil, it remains to stir and cook over low heat for about 10-15 minutes in order for our fruits to become soft.
4. Once the fruit has softened, you can remove the pan from the stove and wait until it cools completely.
The process of cooling fruits can be accelerated. Put the fruit pot in another pot or bowl of cold water. Stir the fruit from time to time and change the water when it becomes warm so you speed up the process of cooling the fruit.
Well, or just leave the pan and wait 5-6 hours.
You can certainly not wait for the mass to cool, and then work not with your hands, but with a spoon.
5. In general, when everything is cool, take a sieve or a colander and push the fruit through a sieve. Only the bones of the septum and the skin should remain in the sieve.
From the initial 2 kg, on average, 1-1.3 kg of pure jam is obtained.
6. Put the mass obtained on the stove, add sugar and cook for 45-50 minutes, no less. During cooking, jam reaches the desired thickness and darkens a little. For more often mix the mass that it is not burnt.
7. When the mass reaches the density you need, spread it out on sterilized cans and close the lids.
Pear-apple jam ready bon appetit.
Apple jam with pumpkin
And why not try to add a little pumpkin in the jam. The color will be very original. Especially in the pumpkin as well as in apples there are a lot of useful substances.
- Apples 1 kg.
- Pumpkin 500-600 grams.
- Citric acid 3-5 grams.
- Sugar 500-600 grams.
- 350-400 water.
1.Tykva peeled and peeled, cut into small slices. Put in a saucepan, add water, cook until softened.
2. Apples to sort, wash, chop. Pour into a saucepan, add water, cook until the slices are soft.
3. Soft pumpkin slices pass through a sieve. Apple also through a sieve. All together with the water in which they were boiled.
4. Mix the masses to fill up with sugar to put on the stove.
5. Cook for 15-20 minutes, constantly stirring.
6. Add citric acid and cook another 20-25 minutes. To the desired density.
7. Finish jam spread on the banks and tighten the lid.
8. Apple jam with the addition of pumpkin ready to enjoy your meal.
Apple jam with plums
It is often cooked jam and plums. Which blend very well with apples. This is a great option to recycle plums without wasting time extracting pits from plums.
- 1 kg of apples.
- 600 grams of plums.
- 600 grams of sugar.
1. Enumerate apples to wash cut.
2. Put in a saucepan, add water, cook until soft.
3. To cut the plums each incise along the bone (the bone can not be removed) put in a saucepan, add water until soft.
4.After the fruit reaches the soft state, remove from the stove and grind through a sieve.
5. Mix the resulting mass, add sugar, cook until the desired thickness is reached. Typically, the cooking time does not exceed 40 minutes.
6. The finished product is laid out on the banks to close the lids.
Secrets of cooking apple jam
☑ When boiling jam do not cover the pan with a lid. So excess moisture in the cooking process will evaporate faster.
☑ Like all other sweet preparations, the jam finally thickens after it has completely cooled. But how to determine that it is enough to boil it down. You can simply shift the spoon of jam on a plate where it will quickly cool and show its density. You can hold a spoon on the surface and if the trail disappears quickly jam you need to cook a little more, and if the trail disappears slowly, then the jam has already reached excellent density.
☑ Sugar put at least 50% of the total mass. So if you put less sugar, then the jam will not be suitable for long-term storage.
How to cook apple jam at home
Apples are probably the most familiar fruit available to us all year round. There is always a wide variety of fruits on store shelves, so why do harvesting, boil jam, waste your time? Some think so. Those who do not have their own garden, and those who do not think about the quality of food. After all, not all apples are useful.
The best jam is obtained from freshly picked homemade apples that are not “seasoned” with nitrates and poisonous substances. These apples exude flavor, real, apple. It is these apples are recommended by nutritionists to reduce weight, improve digestion, replenish the body's vitamins.
Due to the fact that apples contain pectin, a natural thickener, then nothing can be added to the jam. Just cooking time will increase slightly. And apples are surprisingly combined with other fruits and even vegetables, for example, carrots. So there are plenty of jam options for you.
Recipes for making jam from apples for the winter
To make our jam good, thick and not burnt, you need to follow some rules:
- Choose the fruits of the same ripeness, discarding the unripe and too overripe.
- Apples must be carefully washed and cut into slices, the skin can not be removed, everything is up to you, but you must always remove the bones.
- You can grind apples in different ways, rub on a grater, skip through a meat grinder or blender. You can extinguish in a small amount of water and rub through a fine sieve.
- For the jam, you need the "correct" pan, in the aluminum or copper oxidation is going on and the product will turn out to be not entirely useful. In enameled containers, often everything burns; it is dangerous to use such dishes. The most suitable will be a metal stainless steel saucepan.
Jam from apples - a classic recipeA recipe that always happens. It is done very quickly, in the evening you can already try jam with tea or even cook pies.
Для повидла будет нужно:
- Кило яблок любого сорта
- Кило сахара
Готовим яблочное повидло:
В этом варианте семечки можно не вырезать, они у нас останутся в сите, так что лишний раз не делайте себе работу.
Порезанные дольками яблочки сложите в ёмкость для варки и залейте водой, чтобы она слегка прикрыла их. Поставьте на плиту и протушите минут десять, дайте немного остыть, воду, естественно, нужно слить. Потом просто протираем все яблочки через сито.
Pour sugar into the resulting mass, first turn on the average temperature, after boiling we set to a minimum and cook, standing beside and stirring with something wooden, a spoon or a spatula.
Cooked jam enough for about half an hour, it is less or more, depending on the juiciness of apples. If you were constantly stirring it while cooking, the mass will turn out to be a uniform, evenly cooked, transparent caramel color. In order to make sure that we are ready, we drip a little mass on the saucer and start circling it, does the drop keep its shape? Then go ahead, in jars.
At this point I finish the story and tell you goodbye! Do not forget to share recipes in social networks, write comments. And be sure to prepare in the winter a couple of jars of thick and tasty apple jam.
Apples jam from white filling, recipe
This option is ideal for serving with desserts. If the jam will be used for baking various muffins, then it will cost to boil the jam longer - 20 minutes to almost complete thickening.
You will need the following products:
- Apples variety Bely filling - 2 kilograms
- Sugar - 1 kilogram
- Cinnamon - 0.5 teaspoons
How to cook apple jam White pouring
Wash apples, peel and whole core and cut into quarters. Cover the apples with sugar in a ratio of 2 to 1 and mix well.
Candied apples should be brewed for 30 minutes, until they give the juice. After that, on medium heat, stir them for 5-7 minutes, stirring.
When all the sugar is dissolved, crush the heated apples in a blender until smooth.
Then add half a teaspoon of cinnamon and again put the brew on the fire. Cook for 10 minutes.
Hot jam roll up in jars and put in a dark cool place for a couple of hours.
This jam can be served with pancakes and pancakes, you can add to baking, but you can just eat with tea. Enjoy your meal!
Jam from apples and apricots
This jam is best cooked from sour-sweet apples and fully ripe apricots. This jam is useful for impregnating pancakes, filling for various baking.
To make the jam for the winter, pack it hot in sterilized jars.
Ingredients for making jam:
- Apples - 600 grams
- Apricots - 300 grams
- Sugar - 1 kg
Wash apples, peel, remove the core with the seeds. Grind in a food processor (nozzle - a metal knife).
Place the apple chips in the pan, add the apricot puree (chop seedless apricots in the same food processor).
Boil over 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
Grind the mass with a blender to a puree state. Add sugar.
Boil for 20-25 minutes, stirring constantly.
Jam from apples and apricots is ready. This jam can be prepared for the winter, spilling it into sterilized jars and closing the sterilized lids.