Dutch hybrid varieties of pepper have always attracted the attention of summer residents and gardeners for their characteristics and characteristics. It is no secret that such varieties are characterized by increased yield, high resistance to various viral diseases and stressful environmental conditions. Pepper Gemini F1, the description of which is presented in this review, refers specifically to such. The seeds are produced by a division of the Bayer company (Baer) called Nunhems. The agrofirm has an excellent reputation in the world, its products are known in many countries, and not only vegetable growers but also professional farmers choose. From English, the name of the variety is translated as "twins", hinting, apparently, on the uniformity of the harvest: their size, shape and color.
On the Russian market, Gemini F1 seeds can be bought in packagings of the Prestige, Crop from the Dacha, Poisk firms, and they are available in many online stores. Buyers should be careful when buying and notice how many seeds are in the bag. Since the planting material is quite expensive, the package can have from 5 to 25 seeds, there are professional packages of 500 and 1000 pieces.
Pepper Gemini F1: a description of breeders- Hybrid highly productive very large-fruited grade.
- Demonstrates resistance to stressful conditions and high yield.
- Purpose universal: landing in the open air, film greenhouses.
- Early variety (the period is 75 - 82 days from transplanting to fruit ripening).
- The bush is powerful, upright, thick foliage.
- The set of fruits is high, on one bush 7 to 10 peppers with an average weight of 320 to 400 g are formed.
- The shape of the peppers is cuboid, elongated, four-chamber, the size of pepper is 18 by 9 cm, the thickness of the walls is 0.7 - 0.8 cm.
- The color at the stage of maturation is dark green, and in the phase of ripeness it is bright yellow.
- Fruits have excellent taste, resistant to sunburn.
- The purpose of the variety is universal: excellent in fresh and cooked form, suitable for preservation.
- The grade shows high resistance to viral diseases of peppers.
Pepper Gemini F1: reviews and tips on agricultural cultivationSowing of seeds for growing seedlings is carried out in early March, in the more southern areas it is possible earlier - in mid-February. Planting depth of about 1 cm. Seeds of Djemeni F1 require no additional treatment and disinfection. Shoots of Dutch varieties, while maintaining the air temperature of 22 -27 ° C, appear after two weeks. The seedling of peppers suffers a lack of light better than tomatoes, it does not stretch out, but, nevertheless, a 12-hour daylight day in the first month of development will not interfere with it. It is also necessary to maintain high humidity and to ensure that the earth does not dry out. Also, on the other hand, it is also not necessary to flood the plants, as the seedlings can become ill with root rot. Watering produce only warm water.
Gemini variety is distinguished by compactness of bushes growing at a height of about 60 cm. Planting scheme proposed by breeders: distance between plants 50 - 60 cm, between rows not less than 40 cm. To ensure the best yield, the Bulgarian pepper is better planted in those areas where legumes, cabbage, or cucumbers grew. The soil should be light, loose and have good water permeability. Such conditions provide good prerequisites for seedling survival. The soil temperature for planting seedlings in the ground should be at least 15 ° C, and the threat of frost has passed. Bushes with 5 - 6 leaves and a height of at least 15 - 20 cm are planted on the beds.
Professional growers recommend the use of mulch, which prevents water imbalance, inhibits the growth of weeds, which has a positive effect on the development of peppers and accelerates the time of fruit ripening.
Seed producers in the description of the variety indicate directly huge sizes of fruits, therefore, to obtain an appropriate harvest, special attention should be paid to fertilizing the soil. The variety responds well to the introduction of organic fertilizers and phosphorus-potash. Organic formulas can be added in the fall, and during the growing season the pepper can only make phosphate-potash supplements. Choosing fertilizers, it is worth remembering about intolerance to pepper chlorine-containing compounds. All you need to spend three fertilizers: a week after planting, during flowering and during the ripening of the fruit. The varieties of Dutch selection affects the content of magnesium in the soil, its lack can lead to the fall of the leaves and lower yields. The same applies to calcium, which you can make "on the list", starting from the moment of setting the first fruits.
In late July - early August, pepper of this variety begins to reach the stage of technical ripeness, in which it can already be removed for storage. In this phase, the fruits have a rich dark green color. The optimum temperature should not exceed 10 - 12 ° C - for green pepper, in the stage of biological ripeness - 7 - 9 ° C.
Pepper Gemini F1: reviews of summer residentsTaking into account the information of professional vegetable growers, it can be said that in the conditions of warm summer (southern regions) and cultivating the variety in the open air, the average mass of fruits lies within the limits of 200 - 250 g, which differs from that stated by the manufacturer. But, when growing a variety in greenhouse conditions, the results are better and peppers reach 300 - 350 g. The compactness of the bushes is also noted, as well as their good foliage, which protects ripening fruits from the bright sun, and, consequently, from burns. Confirmed and data on high resistance to disease. When inspecting the Gemini pepper plantings, one can notice the uniformity of the bushes, the evenness of the shape of the fruits, as well as the uniformity of color and amity of ripening.
Professionals and amateurs leave absolutely positive feedback about this variety, many consider it to be reliable and proven. The bright yellow color of the fruit looks very appetizing, and the taste does not leave anyone indifferent, and the variety “Gemini F1” is planted by gardeners on their plots from year to year.
Share useful information:
Pepper Gemini F1 is very recognizable: the fruits of this variety are painted in a rich, canary yellow color. Gardeners love Gemini for its high yield and excellent taste, farmers appreciate the unpretentiousness of the variety and the excellent presentation of the fruit.
The grade of pepper Gemini has such characteristics:
- rapid ripening - the growing season from sowing seeds to the technical maturity of fruits is 75-82 days,
- medium bush size: compact, medium-leaved, spreading plant,
- the height of the Gemini bushes is usually within 60 cm,
- leaves on bushes are large, wrinkled, dark green in color (a large number of leaves and their large sizes protect the fruits from the scorching sun),
- the shape of peppers cubical elongated, drooping,
- about 7-10 fruits are formed on each bush,
- four-chamber fruits, thick-walled (wall thickness, on average, is 0.8 cm),
- in a state of technical ripeness, the pepper is colored dark green, the bright yellow color of the fruit indicates biological ripening,
- the rate of staining is average,
- the length of the fruits and their diameter are approximately equal - about 18 cm,
- The average weight of peppers depends on the method of cultivation: 230 grams on the ground, 330 grams in the greenhouse,
- the taste of Gemini F1 is excellent, moderately sweet with a barely noticeable bitterness - the true taste of bell pepper,
- the skin on the fruit is thin, and the flesh is very tender,
- the culture is resistant to the sun, the fruits are practically not baked, rarely burned,
- the variety has good immunity to viral diseases, including potato virus,
- the purpose of pepper Gemini is universal - it can be planted both in open ground and in a greenhouse, greenhouse or under film,
- the appointment of fruits is also universal: they are good fresh, in various salads, appetizers, hot dishes and canned food,
- Gemini yields are high - about 350 centners per hectare, which is comparable to the yield standard indicator, the Gift of Moldova,
- the hybrid is unpretentious to climatic and weather conditions, it can be grown even in cold regions with cool and short summers,
- fruits ripen in unison, it is easy to collect them, as the peppers are well separated from the stalk,
- Gemini's presentation and keeping quality is excellent, so the hybrid is perfect for growing for sale.
Advantages and disadvantages
The description of Gemini pepper will be incomplete if you don’t mention the strengths and weaknesses of this hybrid. Reviews gardeners indicate that Gemini F1 has the following advantages:
- the early and simultaneous ripening of all fruits,
- beautiful appearance of peppers,
- large sizes of fruits
- excellent taste, including crispness and juicy pulp,
- compact size of the bushes, allowing to grow peppers in small greenhouses or under film covers,
- good yields,
- unpretentiousness to climate
- resistance to viral diseases
- universal purpose of the fruit.
Much to the chagrin of the gardeners, the perfect pepper does not yet exist in nature. Gemini, like all other varieties and hybrids, has its disadvantages:
- slow staining of fruits - which leads to the loss of a certain percentage of peppers,
- Hybrid's strong dependence on dressing - with a lack of fertilizers, the walls of the pepper become much thinner
- Gemini shoots are quite fragile, so the bushes often break off under the weight of large fruits - they need to be tied up,
- fruit color is often uneven, which affects their marketability.
It is easy to grow a Dutch hybrid, because it is very unpretentious and resistant to external factors. A gardener should be aware of Gemini's hybrid origins: the seeds of this pepper do not retain full information about the genes - the fruits will mutate, change color, size or shape. Therefore, planting material will have to buy annually.
In the southern regions, Gemini F1 seeds begin sowing in the second half of February. In colder areas, the vegetable is sown on seedlings a little later - in the first decade of March. If you need early seedlings for a heated greenhouse or greenhouse, you must sow the pepper in January.
It is better to sow seeds in plastic glasses with a capacity of 200 ml or in special peat tablets, so that later the seedlings do not have to dive - the pepper does not tolerate this procedure.
Gemini sweet pepper loves heat and light. The first 12-14 days containers with seeds should be at a temperature of 24-27 degrees. During this time, the first shoots will appear, then the seedlings of pepper can be removed to a cooler, but lighter place.
The height of the seedlings of pepper by the time of transplantation should be 16-17 cm, on each bush there should already be 5-6 true leaves. The presence of floral bollards. But it is not recommended to overstay the seedlings of Bulgarian pepper. At 65-70 days of age, Gemini is planted only in heated greenhouses, they do it in the middle of spring.
Planting Gemini peppers in a permanent place is carried out according to the following rules:
- Choose a plot on level ground or on a small hill.
- Well, if there is protection from strong winds and drafts.
- Soils are preferred nutrient, loose, carbonate.
- Cabbage, legumes and grains are considered to be the best predecessors for bell peppers.
- The planting scheme with small volumes is three bushes per square meter.
- The best yield of Gemini shows with such a scheme - 50x40 cm.
- The soil on the plot or in the greenhouse should warm up to at least +15 degrees.
- Planting wells are recommended to be filled with a nutrient mixture with organic matter or mineral fertilizers.
- Immediately after planting, pepper seedlings are watered, and the soil around the root collar is mulched. Mulch protects the roots from overheating and hypothermia, will help retain moisture.
The yield of Gemini peppers declared by the originator of the variety can vary greatly in practice. This indicator largely depends on the nutritional value of the soil, the quantity and quality of fertilizing. Bulgarian pepper will not grow independently, this culture needs care.
Care for Gemini F1 should be as follows:
- Cover the soil with mulch or constantly loosen, remove weeds, monitor moisture.
- Use a drip irrigation system or water the bushes by hand, avoiding cracking the soil and exposing the roots.
- Cut the first "royal" buds.
- Form pepper seedlings in one or two stalks, removing the extra stepchildren.
- In greenhouses, it is better to tear off the central ovary to prevent the fruits from diminishing.
- Tie up the bushes when the fruit starts to fill and grow in size.
- If necessary, normalize the number of fruits, leaving no more than ten pieces on each plant.
- Feed pepper Gemini must be. Since autumn, the earth is filled with organic matter, and in the summer they feed this hybrid only with mineral fertilizers. Top dressing should be at least three: the first time a week after planting, the second - in the flowering phase, the third dressing is carried out when the fruits begin to change color.
I didn't like it very much Gemini hybridnow tell you why. First, the seeds were quite expensive (though all 25 pieces that were in the bag sprouted). In the Central region, I planted this pepper in the ground. The seedling “sat” for a long time on the spot, it went into growth only after feeding with nitrogen. There were a few ovaries on the bushes - 5-7, so I can not say that Gemini is very productive. The fruits grew large and beautiful, but were painted unevenly: the green color prevailed. The taste of pepper is the most common, but pleasant. Large fruits are suitable only for the preparation of salads, they are not stuffed and can not be pushed into the jar. I think that Gemini is more suitable for farmers, and for your own garden you can choose some other variety (for example, the same Gift of Moldova).
Reviews of gardeners and farmers about pepper Gemini contradictory. Most farmers note the large-fruited sweet vegetables and their good taste. The variety is valued for its unpretentiousness and resistance to viral diseases, but needs good care and frequent fertilizing with mineral components.
With proper care, the hybrid will please with high yields and uniform coloring of the fruit. Commodity Gemini on top!
Description of pepper Gemini F1, reviews, photos
Sredneranny, productive, large-fruited Dutch hybrid of pepper for an open ground and film shelters.
The bush is powerful, upright, well leafy, 50-60 cm tall. Medium to large leaf, green to dark green, wrinkled. Up to 10 large fruits are simultaneously formed on the plant.
Gemini sweet pepper has been included in the State Register of the Russian Federation in the North Caucasus region for cultivation in open ground.
to content ↑
Fruits are drooping, cylindrical, glossy, in the stage of technical ripeness green, in biological - rich yellow, juicy, excellent taste, without bitterness. The average weight of the fruit is 250-300 grams. Wall thickness 6-8 mm. Purpose of pepper is universal: they are tasty in fresh and cooked form, also suitable for preservation.
Hybrid shows high resistance to viral diseases of peppers.
Yield commodity fruits 2.56-4.77 kg / sq. m, at the level of the standard Gift of Moldova.
Features of growing
The seeds of Bulgarian pepper Gemini F1 do not require additional treatment before sowing; they are already processed with tiram. Landing pattern: distance between plants 50 - 60 cm, between rows at least 40 cm.
To ensure the best yield of Bulgarian pepper, it is better to plant on those plots on which legumes, cabbage or cucumbers grew last year.
Pepper Gemini video
If you grew Gemini sweet pepper, please write whether you liked it or not. What was the yield and taste of the fruit in your climatic conditions? How do you rate the resistance of this variety to disease? If possible, attach to the comment photo of your peppers. Thank!
Your reviews of Gemini pepper and additions to the description will help many gardeners to evaluate this hybrid objectively and decide whether to plant it or not.
Description and photo
Let's start with an external description of the plant, and also talk about the distinctive features of the fruit, we indicate the main parameters.
Pepper sweet "Gemini" has a mid-height above-ground part, reaching a height of 0.6 m. The sheet plates are wrinkled and have a dark green color. A large number of leaves protects the fruit from sunlight.
The bush has a powerful upright stem that does not allow the plant to “lie down” when fruits begin to form.
The fruits are colored bright yellow and have a cuboid shape. The average fruit weight is 200 g in open ground and about 300 g in closed ground.
The thickness of the walls of the fruit is 8 mm. It is separated from the stalk without effort. It is worth noting that the fruits have a good taste, even if they were collected before full maturity, during technical maturity. Fully ripened pepper has an excellent sweet taste with a barely noticeable bitterness.
Fruits during removable maturity can be used for any purpose, but they are still more suitable for preservation, and fully ripened options are best used fresh.
Before us is an early hybrid variety, which gives a harvest on the 78th day after the pickling of the seedlings. It is resistant to the most common diseases. На одном кусте завязывается до 10 плодов внушительных размеров.
The hybrid is suitable for both closed and open ground, so “Gemini” can be grown even in cold climates, receiving a large number of fruits.
Advantages and disadvantages
- early harvest and simultaneous ripening of most fruits,
- excellent presentation and impressive size
- good taste regardless of whether the pepper is harvested during marketability or real,
- compact aboveground part
- resistance to viral diseases
- good yield.
- the slow transition from marketability to biological maturity, due to which the pepper partially loses its presentation,
- in the absence of dressings, the fruit walls become much thinner, which is why the hybrid loses to other varieties,
- when a large number of fruits ripen or when grown in a greenhouse, the bush still requires a garter.
Timing, optimal soil, sowing
Let's start with the substrate. The seedlings need a very light soil, which will at the same time be quite nutritious and have excellent drainage properties, so we will need to take 2 parts of humus, 1 part of the ground and 1 part of sand.
Mix everything thoroughly and fill the containers.
For seed germination, a sufficiently high temperature is needed - 25–27 ° С. The minimum temperature at which shoots are possible is 22 ° C.
If the seedlings will spike in open ground, then it is necessary to sow the seeds in the tank in early March, and in the southern regions - in the II – III decade of February. If the pepper will be grown in a greenhouse, then you can sow as early as January
Sowing is done in a pre-moistened soil. At the initial stage, the sowing material does not need to make additional mineral fertilizers.
After the sowing has been done, it is necessary to moisten the soil, keeping the above temperature and high humidity. If everything was observed, then the first shoots will appear no later than 2 weeks later. After the appearance of the first greenery, the temperature can be reduced to 24 ° C and the seedlings should be transferred to a well-lit place so that it receives a sufficient amount of light.
It is worth remembering that the pepper requires at least 12 hours of daylight. In the absence or insufficient amount of light, the bushes are drawn out and deformed.
When the plants have formed the first 2 true leaves, they can be fed with mineral water. To do this, in 1 liter of warm water dilute 0.5 g of ammonium nitrate, 3 g of superphosphate and 1 g of potash fertilizers.
A similar feeding should be repeated after 2 weeks, but the dosage of each component should be doubled.
Dive seedlings in a greenhouse or open soil should be at the age of 45-50 days, after a quenching. In addition, each plant should have at least 5 well-developed leaves and a height of about 16 cm.
For hardening all the plants a week before planting you need to start to take out into the fresh air, thereby accustoming you to low temperatures, wind and direct sunlight.
In order to achieve maximum yield and optimum planting density, plants should be planted according to the scheme 60–80–90 × 35–40–50 cm.
At the same time, the density of planting with drip irrigation to obtain early yield should be less (30–35 thousand plants per hectare) than with the standard method of cultivation (up to 45 thousand per hectare).
Care involves frequent watering, loosening of the soil, as well as the introduction of dressings and soil mulching.
Mulching plants is necessary in order to retain moisture in the soil and protect the roots from temperature changes. Also, mulch will help protect against salinity.
Fertilizers are applied 3 times: one week after picking, during flowering and at the beginning of the formation of fruits. Enough to make phosphate and potash supplements, and pepper does not need nitrogen.
Shrub is formed in 1 stem, side shoots are immediately removed. You also need to cut the first bud.
If the plant is grown in greenhouse conditions, then it must necessarily require a garter. This is due, primarily, to the weight of the fruits, which in greenhouses reach a mass of 300–350 g.
In the open ground, the fruits are not so "heavy", so the bush can withstand their mass.
Harvesting and storage of the crop
Pepper can be collected for storage during both technical (commercial) and biological (full) maturity. In the first case, the fruits are removed at the end of July, in the second they are waiting for the appearance of a monochromatic yellow color and collect.
The crop should be stored at a temperature of 7 to 12 ° C.
So we finished the discussion of a beautiful and quite popular hybrid of pepper - “Gemini F1”. It cannot be said that the plant is perfect, but it gives great fruits that have good taste and are distinguished by a bright color, if you wait for the biological ripeness. At the same time, the plant is not affected by diseases, which significantly reduces processing costs and increases the final yield. Use the information provided to grow healthy plants that will delight you with large and tasty fruits.
Description: short and to the point or Gemini in all its glory
Description, so-called. the official part, the characteristic from the originator, the assessment of the growers and from the tasters.
Ties from 5-8 to 7-10 fruits, and the growth of green mass is suspended. Properly selected load, the selected balance between the amount of the ovary and the green mass is the key to productivity.
When re-sowing, most often it does not retain the fully inherent properties of the form: the shape, color during filling, productivity, resistance to diseases, etc., can change.
The yield of industrial commodity products is 256-477 centners per hectare (comparable to the benchmark Gift of Moldova).
Chemical composition: the fruit is contained at the time of technical ripeness
- dry matter 7.2%, sugar 2.8%, ascorbic acid 35.3 mg per 100 g dry i.v.-va,
- at the time of biological: dry inc. - 9.6-9.8%, ascorbic acid 111 mg per 100 g of dry matter.
- Early hybrid, the growing season from planting seeds to the beginning of the collection of 75-82 days.
- The shrub is medium height - about 60 cm, with a semi-sprawling habit, well lined.
- The leaf is medium to large, wrinkled, dark green. Developed vegetative mass protects the fruit from the sun.
- Fruits of cubical type, more precisely, cubical elongated, four-chamber, drooping. Forms 7-10 fruits. The rate of staining, the transition from technical ripeness to biological medium is not high.
- The wall thickness is 0.7–0.8 cm, length is 18 cm, width is 9 cm — the averaged dimensions are given. The stem is long, the gap is light. The color in technical ripeness is intense green, at the stage of full maturation - bright yellow. The declared weight of 320-400 g is estimated by vegetable growers, somewhat overestimated, differs from the actual 200-250 g obtained by vegetable growers in open ground, 300-350 in greenhouses — the maximum weight is given.
In the photo, a variety of sweet pepper, Gemini, is colored beautifully, but slowly. But recognizable by this yellow-green color scheme!
The taste is good in technical ripeness, excellent in biological: the skin is moderately thin, the pulp is juicy, the typical taste of sweet bell pepper with an atypical delicate bitterness - more precisely, a hint of it. Fruits are relatively resistant to the sun - they are not baked, rarely exposed to sunburn.
Declared high resistance to viral diseases, incl. potato virus.
- Early and very close maturation, uniform coloring,
- Let not declared a giant size, but large, beautiful regular shape, uniform and attractive. Commercial type - suitable for commercial production,
- The taste is wonderful, juicy, crisp,
- The compact bush does not carry excess green mass, but sufficient, protecting peppers from the sun.
Disadvantages for the farmer and summer resident - there are those:
- Experienced vegetable growers note that the transition from technical ripeness to biological ripeness is not fast enough, especially in open ground. As the main criterion when choosing a variety for commercial plantation, the lack of damage to the reputation of the yellow fruit hybrid,
- The uneven color of yellow-orange peppers is another drawback,
- With insufficient nutrition, overloading of thin walls - such a misfortune happens: 5-6 mm - only, for a Dutchman with such a reputation it will not be enough - the farmers will frown,
- Rather heat-resistant, they cover the basal zone with a wide shaded crown. Cultivation on the mulch film is possible - in the regions of Central Russia, in Ukraine, the method showed itself well: roots do not stick out, there are no attacks as a result of overheating,
- Large size, except for his salad - complain some breeders who grow in small quantities for the market. not the most marketable size. You can argue with this and not argue: to whom the big ones give, to whom it is smaller - you will not please, you cannot guess,
- It will not be enough - they are shrugged accustomed to small fruits, but numerous. Yes, sometimes the results on individual bushes are about 4-6 pieces, but huge ones are depressing. The quantity varies from the maximum 7-10 to the specified one, corrected by formation — by pinching, removing the lower leaves and the royal bud, by making a sufficient, but not excessive amount of mineral fertilizers (excess nitrogen will not be beneficial during fruit formation: the tops are many, pepper is small),
- Not quite fragile, but they break - branches require a garter, otherwise they break out under the weight of the fruit.
Growing up: we grow big-very large
Growing - briefly about the main points of agricultural engineering: planting, shaping, etc.
Seeds are sown in plastic pots, cups of 200 ml containers, cartridges (with large quantities) in late February and early March, in the southern regions, in salt marshes - in mid-late February. For early seedlings - from late January to early February. For zones where the temperature of the arable layer in early-mid-May is above _15 С - also earlier periods. Seeds spread processed, additional processing measures do not require. Shoots can be observed after 12-14 days at a temperature of + 22 ... + 27 C. Until the shoots appear, they support + 24-25 C - It is worth noting that Djemeni is a thermophilic. Backlight - at least 12 hours. For seedlings maintained the necessary temperature, humidity.
Depending on the growing area, planting is planned for May-early June.
Seedlings in open ground are sown at the age of 40-50 days (no more than 60 - considered overgrown, although for unheated greenhouses, greenhouses are practiced for age 65-70 days), with 5-6 true leaves, at heights of up to 16-17 cm.
Recommended by the right holder, planting density of 30-35 thousand / ha (on drip irrigation, with early terms). With late, with normal irrigation optimal density is higher - up to 40-45 thousand / ha. The planting scheme is 60-80-90х35-40-50 cm. For those who grow in small volumes, the average density is about 3 plants per m2.
They are planted in the open ground at an approximate temperature of at least + 13 ... + 15 C, soil temperatures from +13 C. Fill the nests with nutrient soil mixture using organic matter and mineral complex.
- Soils - light, slightly calcareous. The predecessors - cereals, legumes, cabbage, etc.
- The optimal planting pattern is at least recommended 50-60 cm between bushes, 40 cm between rows. After planting and watering, the root zone is mulched - its light structure will remain, moisture. So you can avoid cracks, crusts (and the need for loosening), as well as salinity due to frequent watering.
- The hybrid is of an intensive type, responsive and even picky about feeding during the growing season - it is a nitrogen-mineral complex, magnesium, boron, phosphorus, iron, etc. Leaves fall off due to poor development of the vegetative mass. The nitrogen component is minimal during the period of fruit formation, the emphasis is placed on potassium-phosphorus, on calcium and trace elements - they are introduced in the form of foliar dressings. The first top dressing is brought in 7-10 days after disembarkation, the second - during flowering, then, with an interval, during coloring.
Important: does not like large concentrations of fertilizers, especially organic - in contact with manure, the root system can get burned.
And more importantly: the rate of intensity of staining depends on the amount of mineral nutrition and its quality. It is important to provide potassium, calcium, magnesium, boron.
First, the royal bud is removed. In greenhouse cultivation, the removal of the first fruits in the center is possible.
Formation: Gemini sweet pepper is formed more often in one stem, less often in two (in a greenhouse).
What does not like - like the whole culture, in-depth planting, cold, diving, and frequent hilling.
In the ground, props (supports) are required: so that the plants do not fall down, the branches do not break off. Each main stem is attached with a vertical string to the garter with one peg, or two wires that are horizontally stretched on both sides of the row.
Removed for storage as a technical ripeness, coming in late July - early August. The optimum temperature for green pepper is + 7 ... + 9 C.
Vegetable growers are satisfied with the high germination of planting material, productivity and, of course, taste - for the years of cultivation, the pepper of Jemeny has not only positive reviews, but mostly. And mostly without negativity. The decisive factor of choice is the totality of qualities - no matter what they say, an interesting shape, size, early removal, in general, rather big wall thickness, yield, sufficient for home gardens, and for farmers, in addition to the assortment of yellow fruit. Another key point is the consistently high quality seed, high germination. Of the minuses - they are listed above, nothing to add. Why they plant it and will plant it - the dignity of a handsome man, his proven qualities in the eyes of the vegetable grower are today tilting the scales in favor of the ambiguously better, but very, very worthy among the Dutch yellow hybrids of the Good Harvest!