Proper planting and care for a pear Augustus Dew is a pledge of a bountiful, juicy and incredibly healthy harvest. This variety was fallen in love with gardeners due to its unpretentiousness and good resistance to diseases and sharp temperature fluctuations.
Description of a grade of a pear August dew
This type of pear was developed in 2002 by the methods of crossing the variety Tenderness and Triumph Pakgam. Thanks to the fruitful work of scientists, the August Rosa combined all the most positive qualities.
Pear Avgustovskaya Dew is a stunted plant.
This is a summer variety that has high taste characteristics. The fruits have an elongated shape. Weigh fruits from 100 to 150 g. At first they are green, but over time they acquire a greenish-yellowish tint. Some specimens have a reddish flank.
The skin of the fruit is smooth. The flesh is snow-white, fine-grained and incredibly juicy. This variety is famous for its rich sweet-sour taste and melting structure. The tree grows up to a maximum of 3 m tall. The crown is not very thick, slightly drooping.
The summer-type variety “Avgustovskaya dew” remains “native” for Russia, since it was created by scientists from the All-Russian Research Institute of Genetics and Breeding of Fruit Plants. Michurin. The pear “gathered” from the initial varieties “Tenderness” and “Triumph Pakgam” all the best qualities, in particular - rapid growth, excellent taste, high-quality commodity “appearance” and winter hardiness. The official climatic cultivation area is Central Chernozem.
Seedling pruning rules
Only planted tree must be cut to 1/3. This will allow the young plant to form a crown much faster and bring the fruiting process closer.
In the first year, the trunk is cleared of branches below the 1st tier. With the onset of spring, it is reduced by 25 cm, and skeletal branches are cut from 5 to 7 cm. At the same time, it is important to ensure that the shoots of the upper tier are shorter than those below.
Rules for pruning an adult plant
An adult pear should be cut each year before sap flow begins. This often happens in March.
Do not prune the tree at the beginning or at the end of the fall.
All parallel and closely growing shoots are removed. Long branches are slightly trimmed. Also, those shoots that fall on the ground, even if they were harvested, are removed. As for young shoots, their maximum number on one tree should be within of the total number of crown. Places cut cut with garden pitch or crushed activated carbon.
Despite the fact that this variety is resistant to various diseases and pests, it is still recommended to carry out prevention each year. For this, you can use both special preparations that are sold in stores, and herbal teas.
With improper care, the tree can be affected by powdery mildew. If the leafy plates are covered with white bloom, then it is necessary to treat the twigs and crown with Topaz.
With fruit rot perfectly fights Oxy and Bordeaux mixture. These drugs need to process the tree before flowering.
If you follow all the rules of planting and caring for the plant, then abundant flowering and high-quality harvest is guaranteed. The August Dew will certainly please with juicy and very tasty fruits.
Pear of the type “Avgustovskaya dew” belongs to undersized (not higher than 3 m), but actively growing crops. Snyashey type of foliage, not too thick. Branches are almost at an acute angle. Pear buds are active, quickly “wake up” and successfully form shoots. Let out white flowers, in one head on 7-10 pieces.
Fruits appear on both the large and the shortened shoots. The usual weight of a pear is up to 150 g, but it can be more, an appearance without ribbing. During the period of ripening, the color is green, gradually acquiring yellow and red "flashes", many subcutaneous points. The interior is white, granular structure.
The Augustow Dew pear has a pleasant taste description, the main characteristic of which is a sweet and sour base with a pleasant aroma and rich texture.
Description and characteristics of the variety with a photo
This variety refers to the summer(as evidenced by the name), taking over from the "parents" their best qualities -winter hardiness, increased disease resistance, good tasting properties.
The main fruit removal is in mid-September, and by this time the pears remain evenly green. Acquire a yellowish color with a gentle blush they begin after harvest.
The variety is distinguished by the one-dimensionality of the leveled fruits of the standard form, with no signs of ribbing. On average, each pear weighs about 150 g, and even in the most unfavorable years its weight does not fall below 100 g.
Under the dull smooth skin are well visible numerous dark points, it does not spoil the attractiveness of the fruit. Inside is hidden delicate thin flesh of white. By its structure, it is fine-grained and has a pleasant taste, which harmoniously combines sour-sweet shades.
“August Dew” refers to varieties of table purpose, and consumers rate the fruit at 4.6 points (with a five-point system), and marketability at 90%.
Lezhkost fruits depends on their storage:
- in a cool room (for example, a cellar) pears do not lose their presentation for 2 weeks,
- in the refrigerator, the freshness of the fruit lasts about 3 months.
The main characteristics of the variety include resistance to self-siphoning. Even pears poured with ripe ripeness are firmly held on long, thick, curved stalks.
Fruits hang from powerful, cranked shoots of a light brown color. For oblong dark green leaves of medium size, serrate serrated edges are characteristic. The plate is glossy and, due to the wedge-shaped base, is always directed upwards.
Harvesting trees is convenient because it is compact and applies toto dwarf types - its height barely reaches 3 meters.A sapling after planting quickly goes into growth and gives a moderately, slightly drooping crown.
The tree has a high ability to form shoots with rapidly awakening buds. Fruits grow away from the trunk, forming a right angle with it.
Saucer-shaped small white flowers grow from buds; they are collected in clusters of 7-10 in unclosed inflorescences. They have long, curved sepals and pistils, significantly towering above the anthers.
Characteristics and description of the variety Avgustovskaya dew
August dew - summer pear variety. Germinates in the Central Black Earth region (since 2002). Obtained by crossing the variety Tenderness and Triumph Pakgam.
Variety bred S. P. Yakovlev at the All-Russian Research Institute of Genetics and Breeding of Fruit Plants named after I.V. Michurin.
The height of the tree reaches three meters. Harvest brings annually from 4 years of landing in the ground. The yield is high up to 200 kg / ha in the most fertile age.
The first harvest is about 15 kg from a single tree. It tolerates wintersthat are characteristic of germination areas.
Disease resistant. High ability to form shoots and kidney wake.
Characteristics of the tree structure:
- light gray bark color, smooth,
- lowered crown with an average density,
- straight branches. The location of the fruit on the long and short kolchatkah and spears,
- light brown, wide and curved shoots. A large number of small lentils,
- conical buds of medium size, slightly bent to the side,
- oblong ovate leaves with a wedge-shaped base of a dark green color. Average value. Serrations at the edges. Saber-shaped little stipules,
- petioles of medium thickness and length
- white flowers are saucer-shaped, small. Sepals are long, directed to the pedicel. Pistils long - above the anthers. In one inflorescence 7-10 flowers.
- the fruit is of medium size, weighing from 100 to 200 g. Pear-shaped, not ribbed,
- smooth skin with dots. Color in the period of maturity - green or greenish-yellow with a slight “blush” in a small area of the fruit,
- white and fine-grained flesh with a sour-sweet taste and delicate texture,
- the stem is curved, long and wide enough,
- the little funnel is conical
- small, closed cup,
- the saucer is small, slightly extended, has a ribbed shape,
- the core is large, bow-shaped,
- medium sized seeds, closed,
- keep well on the tree
- ripening period - mid-August - September,
- the period of storage and use is two weeks,
- table pear,
- the best pollinator is a variety in memory of Yakovlev.
Features and advantages:
- Winter hardiness and frost resistance.
- Not picky about droughts.
- High yield.
- Excellent presentation.
- A small percentage of cases of tree damage by diseases or pests.
- Fruits are easily processed into jam, jam and dried fruits. Good taste.
disadvantages: at large yields, heterogeneity of fruits occurs.
The benefits and harm of pears
The benefits of pears August dew great. It is useful for adults, children - does not cause allergies, discomfort in the intestine and has beneficial effects on the body.
Actively used in traditional medicine. when coughing, chills, inflammation of the urogenital system, stone disease. A good helper in the fight against fungus, dermatitis.
In addition, the pear contains:
- vitamin C (ascorbic acid) helps to strengthen the immune system and increase the elasticity of blood vessels,
- vitamin k - a source of calcium,
- vitamin b9 active participant in the process of blood formation,
- cellulose useful for the digestive tract, because it lowers cholesterol and normalizes the intestinal microflora. Fights constipation. Improves appetite
- sulfur helps strengthen hair and nails
- potassium performs the protective function of the heart and helps the recovery of cells. Warns the appearance of edema,
- cobalt supports the work of the thyroid gland, kidneys. Accumulates hemoglobin and helps the rapid absorption of iron.
It is worth noting that with a huge "set" of useful properties of pear it can still harm. This applies to the use of fruit with gastritis, colitis and ulcers.
The danger is unripe, hard fruit for children and people in age.
How to choose a sapling?
The choice of seedlings - the key to high yield. To pick the “right” sapling, must adhere to such rules:
- Variety Avgustovskaya dew take root and will yield only in an area with favorable climatic conditions (central and southern regions with black soil).
- Buy seedlings only in special nurseries to avoid deception and purchase of another variety or tree.
- It is worth paying attention to the roots of the sapling - fresh, not dry, not frozen. The longer (from 30 cm) and more branched root system, the greater the likelihood of a good survival of the seedling.
- If you cut the root, it should be white. The change in color indicates that the seedling is frozen or dried.
- Carefully examine the root. The presence of blistering indicates a disease (root cancer).
- The barrel is flat, not damaged.
- Seedling about a year or two.
Preparation for landing
In addition to the choice of seedlings, it is necessary to prepare the soil well to his landing - a pledge of survival.
Pre-fertilizer for the future planting site (type, amount of fertilizer depends on the soil). Pear Avgustovskaya dew has a small crown, so the distance between seedlings permissible 5 m.
Planted seedlings need autumn (early October) or spring (late April). Regardless of the season, the landing technology is the same:
- Prepare a pit. The pit is 1 m in diameter and 0.5 m deep. The roots should be located freely in it.
- Fill in fertilizers (humus, saltpeter, potassium).
- Spread the roots.
- Holding a sapling in a hole, cover it with soil so that the root collar disappears under the ground, ram it and pour it.
Rules for tree and fruit care
After the correct selection of a sapling, soil preparation and planting a young tree directly, care is important.
Tillage. Before watering, as necessary, weeds must be destroyed and the soil loosened.
Watering. About 5 times (in summer) per month (1 bucket - 1 tree). Watering should be slow, so that all the water is absorbed into the hole of the pear and “watered” the roots. In a drought, it is better to water in the early morning and in the evening half a bucket at a time.
By autumn, reduce watering and then stop. Spring watering begin gradually. The volume of water is adjusted by rainfall and season.
Trimming. Every spring to remove extra vertical shoots at a level of 0.5 m from the ground. Pruning in the fall can lead to the death of the tree - slices may not have time to drag on to the first frost. This does not apply to damaged and dry branches.
You should not neglect cutting trees, because the size and sugar content of fruits depend on it.Pear needs watering, feeding, pruning and preparing for winter
Top dressing. The August dew loves organic fertilizers - dung that contains all the substances needed by the tree. It is necessary to bring in no more than 2 kg of manure per 1 m2 of the tree edge.
Top dressing is better to do in spring (March-April), annually. In the fall, after leaf fall, you must apply nitrogen fertilizer or the same manure.
Preparing for the winter. In late autumn, the tree is treated with limestone solution. This will protect the bark from sunburn and pests loving the bark.
Harvesting falls in August-September, depending on weather conditions. The older the tree, the greater the yield.
Store pears no more than two weeks in a cool place and about three months in a cellar (in wooden boxes) or a refrigerator.
Diseases and pests. Methods of struggle
Despite the fact that the August dew is a fairly resistant variety to pests, it is necessary to carry out prevention every spring. For this, both chemical agents (fungicides, insecticides) and folk (herbal extracts) are suitable.
When wounds and cracks appear on the root with brown spots (black cancer) it is necessary to remove the affected leaves and bark, capturing 2 cm of healthy areas. Process copper sulphate.
Noticing the powdery spots on the leaves and flowers it is necessary to remove the affected areas and treat with Topaz. When watering use colloidal sulfur.
Fruit rot will remove and warns the drug Oxyh and the solution of the Borodian fluid 1%. Handle after flowering.
When insect pests will help solution of Nitrafen, Kinmiks, Spark, etc.Augustow Dew pear subject to powdery mildew, fruit rot and black crayfish
“At last this year the tree bore the first fruits, the first two pears. August dew by reviews cool class, but ...! These two pears are big, beautiful, but the taste is ... green! Not matured, but in the yard after a week of October and frost. Slavka. "
“Pear Avgustovskaya dew is not quite a capricious variety of fruit tree. Thanks to its high yielding, precociousness and compactness of the tree, it can quickly gain respect. Compliance with the basic conditions of care will bring a rich harvest of delicious fruits. A pear takes root more easily than an apple tree. Very juicy. And the keeping quality is short for all almost ... Filipina. ”
“I grew up A. Rosa from a graft graft; there was such a purchase on the forum in the old years. Sumy, goofy narrow-leaved, Shepherdia, Robinia, near growing - all froze under the root, and she somehow came to fruiting and did not sneeze. Filiponka. "
“I once only wanted to plant the August dew, it was grown in our nursery. But then I talked to its director, he said that they refused her - not hardy in our conditions (east). lubov. "
“After the frosts that suddenly returned, the pear varieties were frozen in seedlings that allegedly have a high degree of winter hardiness: August dew, Gracia, Zimnyaya, Glazkova, Martian, Tenderness and Chizhevskaya. Aleksandr Kuznetsov."
With a large variety of pear varieties justified trust earned Augustus dew grade. And not for nothing, because he has a lot of advantages.
It is resistant to frost, pests, unpretentious care, marketability and excellent taste.
Fruit benefits and development features
"August Dew" belongs to the selected table varieties of pears. It can “boast” with solid “fruit successes”, excellent sweetness, and inviolability from drought and cold snaps. Pear tree develops the ability to fruiting for 4 years of existence.
The fruits are resistant to fungal infections, especially to the main "scourge" of pears - scab. Hold tight on the branches. Until full maturity matures by mid-September. Long retain a fresh look, due to which they have a high commercial value.
When growing it is important to take into account the peculiarities of the culture:
- in years of high yields, fruits can ripen in various shapes and sizes,
- pear fruitful periods that it is desirable to calculate,
- культура требует обрезания веток, в противном случае груши уменьшаются в размерах.
Уже с каждого молодого деревца первого года плодоношения снимают 10-15 кг плодов. When industrial agrotechnology "Avgustovskoy dew" with 1 ha collect 200 centners or more. The closeness of the foliage makes it possible to locate a maximum of fruit crops in minimal areas.
The ground for the full harvest of pears "August Dew" gives a clear adherence to the rules of planting crops.
- Solar loam or sandstone, protected from the wind, with groundwater at a depth of at least 2 m from the soil surface is selected.
- Planted "Augustus dew" 1-2 years "of age".
- The roots and the trunk must be healthy, developed, whole.
- They are planted in carefully dug and loosened earth to a depth of on average up to half a meter, with a diameter of up to 1 m. The root collar should be slightly higher than the ground.
- For drying on the bottom of the pit using ground limestone, add 20 liters of humus from horse manure, 80 g of ammonium nitrate and 150 g of potassium sulfate. All this - to fill most of the pit.
- A seedling must be tied to a peg.
- Be sure to water well and sprinkle with peat on top.
- The distance between small pears can be 3-4 m. If there are tall plantings nearby, they are about 6 meters away.
Roots should be easily located in the planting "nest." It is categorically impossible to define a pear in clay soil and peatlands.
Pear Avgustovskaya dew: description of the variety
The August dew was bred in 2002 by crossing the Tenderness and Triumph Pakgam varieties by the famous breeder S. P. Yakovlev.
This variety belongs to undersized (maximum height - 3 meters), but fast-growing crops. It is a medium-fruited tree and needs pollinating neighbors.
Did you know?The August dew took from its parents only positive traits: from Tenderness - resistance to frost and disease, from Triumph Pakgam - high yields and great taste. The crown of this pear is of medium thickness, slightly drooping. Fruits are medium-sized (100-150 g), pear-shaped, without ribs. During ripening, the color of the fruit changes from green to greenish yellow. Ripe pears can have a blush and numerous subcutaneous spots. The skin is smooth to the touch, although it looks dull. The flesh is white, fine-grained.
The popularity of the August Dew is also related to its taste qualities - a harmonious, sour-sweet taste, delicate aroma, juicy and melting texture.
It is recommended to use this table variety both in raw and processed form (jams, preserves, jam, dried fruits, compotes, etc.). These pears are useful not only for adults, but also for children - the fruits do not cause discomfort, allergies and have a beneficial effect on the body as a whole, increase immunity.
Did you know?Pear is actively used in traditional medicine (with chills, cough, stone disease, inflammation of the urogenital system, to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, maintain the cardiovascular system, with fungi, dermatitis).
How to choose seedlings for planting
Properly chosen seedling - the key to future high yield. To choose the right tree for planting, you need to adhere to the following rules:
- It is necessary to choose seedlings only in nurseries.
- The roots of the tree should be fresh, in any case, not dry and not frozen. The longer the spine and the root system is developed, the better the germ will take root.
- The root of the cut should be white. If the color is different, it may indicate that the seedling has frozen or dried.
- At the root there should be no blisters - this indicates the presence of diseases.
- The trunk of the seedling should be smooth and not damaged.
Important!For planting it is best to choose one-two-year-old seedlings with a strong trunk and developed roots.
Choosing a place under the pear
Despite the fact that the August dew is a rather unpretentious variety, seedlings take root well in favorable conditions - the central and southern regions, with a predominance of black soil.
This variety loves sheltered from the wind, sublime and sunny places. Poor survives and fruits on waterlogged, low-lying areas.
At the cottage can be planted on the west or south-west side. The optimal soil is loamy or sandy.
Before planting, the site needs to be dug up and fed to the soil (superphosphate, compost, potash fertilizers). At the same time it is necessary to ensure that the roots of the seedling do not come into contact with fertilizers.
Pear Avgustovskaya dew belongs to the self-fertile varieties, however, the level of self-pollination is not high, therefore, to increase the yield, it is recommended to plant pollinators nearby.
When and how to plant August dew
The best time for planting is autumn (early October). Many recommend planting in the spring, at the end of April. Do gardeners there is a certain technology of planting pears, which they recommend to adhere to:
- dig a hole (0.5 m deep and 1 meter in diameter) and loosen the soil in it,
- on the seedling you need to cut the leaves off, leaving only a few on each branch,
- if the tree is bought and planted in the spring, you can immediately prune the branches (in no case are not the roots - the more there are, the faster the pear will take root),
- 30 cm deep, place a support for the seedling,
- place the seedling in the hole, straighten the roots and sprinkle with earth (the root neck should be slightly above the surface),
- compact the ground and grumble with foliage or twigs,
- observe the optimum distance between seedlings (at least 2 m).
Before watering, all weeds should be destroyed, and the earth around it loosened.
In the first and subsequent years of the tree’s life, water should be watered no more than five times a month in the summer (you can apply spray watering). Norm - 1 bucket under each tree.
The irrigation procedure itself should be slow, so that the water can soak into the soil and water the roots. If dry summer, then water better in the morning and evening for half a bucket at a time.
With the onset of autumn, watering can be reduced or stopped altogether. In the spring, watering should begin gradually.
Important!The volume of water needs to be adjusted depending on the season and amount of precipitation.
Fertilizers and pear feeding
The August dew loves organic fertilizers that contain all the necessary elements (manure).
It is best to feed in each spring (as a rule, in March-April) - 1-2 kg of manure per square meter of the tree trunks. During flowering pear can be fertilized with a 0.1% solution of boric acid (10 g - 10 g of the drug).
In the fall, nitrogen fertilizers (ammonium nitrate, urea) or manure are applied. This is done after leaf fall.
In late autumn, to protect against sunburn and pests, it is recommended to treat the wood with limestone mortar or special paint for trees. Before wintering, the tree-trunk area is cleared of foliage, watered (70-100 l), the ground near the roots is mulched with sawdust (layer thickness - 15 cm).
Pruning seedlingsWhen planting a young tree, it is cut by 1/3. So the pear will quickly begin to form the crown. The pear trunk itself is cleared of branches below the first tier.
The following year, the conductor is cut to 25 cm, and skeletal branches - 5-7 cm. In this case, the branches in the upper tier should be shorter than in the lower.
Adult plant pruning
Pruning an adult tree should be done every spring, until sap flow begins (usually in March). Do not recommend pruning pear in the fall. If the branch is cut off completely, you need to do it at the very base, so that hemp does not remain.
Pruned in parallel and closely growing branches, pruned especially long, thus seeking to achieve the same length of the tier. Places cut sliced with garden pitch or crushed coal.
If the branches with the fruit fall (or even fall) on the ground, they should be cut off. Of the young shoots leave the strongest, the weakest pruned. Even if there are many strong and even shoots, do not leave them all. Young shoots should be no more than ¼ of the total mass of the crown.
Important!During the pruning period you cannot use nitrogen supplements - you need to wait until the sections heal. In the autumn period (from the end of August to the beginning of October), it is necessary to remove diseased and broken branches that are burned after pruning. Young shoots are shortened by 1/3, while leaving them a few buds.
Methods of breeding varieties of pears August dew
Pears can be propagated by cutting, layering, seed method (generative) or grafting. Seed propagation is most often used by breeders for breeding new varieties, hybrids, for stocks of wild and cultivated species.
The easiest way, which is rooted among the inhabitants, is reproduction by layering. And they begin to bear fruit before seedlings.
Harvesting and storage
The first fruits from this grade of a pear can be collected already for the 3-4th year after landing. They ripen in mid-August (depending on weather conditions) and for a month firmly held on the branches.
The yield level is quite high, and in the early years, the August dew can produce 10-15 kg of fruit from a tree. And the older the tree, the higher the yield.
A good pear harvest Avgustovskaya dew gives in the vicinity of pollinators, to which, besides Yakovlev's Memory, other self-bearing species can be attributed, which coincide with it in flowering time, fruiting, etc.
Harvest in dry weather and for better storage using wooden boxes or plastic containers.
Commercial appearance under normal storage conditions (cellar) pear retains up to 14 days. The pear can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 months without losing its qualities.
Important!With a huge complex of useful substances pear can cause harm: it is not recommended to use with gastritis, ulcers, colitis. Immature fruits are also dangerous.
Pear Avgustovskaya dew: the pros and cons of the variety
Pear Avgustovskaya dew has a lot of advantages, and the description of the variety will be incomplete, if you do not note its advantages:
- high and stable yield (up to 200 kg / ha),
- resistance to fungi (especially scab),
- compact crown (allows you to grow in small areas),
- high frost resistance
- unpretentiousness and ease of growing,
- good drought tolerance
- excellent presentation and excellent taste.
The disadvantages include the frequency of fruiting and the variegation of fruits with abundant yields.
This excellent grade of a pear is so unpretentious and simple in leaving that will allow any gardener to enjoy the fragrant fruits to any gardener with little effort.