Ideally, for each species of bird, you need to make a separate chicken coop with your own walking range and your feeding regime. But the desire to rationally use the land leads to a joint content.
As practice shows, for the maintenance of hens and broilers together contributes to compliance with the following rules:
- Make two tiers in the hen house and a sufficient number of perches. Broilers will always be at the bottom (you can make indentations in places for them), and laying heels will rest on top
- Cleanliness and order in the hen house - a pledge of health, good growth and egg production of chickens. It is necessary to provide: soft bedding and lack of drafts, comfortable gangways, equipped places for egg laying, regular sanitary treatment of the room,
- The perch for a layer is arranged with a size of 30x30 cm and a height of 5-6 cm, while broilers have a rather thick bedding on the floor. The optimum temperature for them is 23 degrees,
- Feeding birds is organized so that there is no crush. Layers are more active and can eat up part of the feed intended for broilers,
- Water is changed every day, and the number of drinkers is arranged at the rate of 1 piece for 4-5 heads. You can use nipple type drinkers, as the water in them stays fresh longer. Water temperature should not exceed 30 degrees,
- Hens and broilers in one hen house contain up to 4 months of age. At this time, broilers reach their maximum weight, and their further content is impractical. You can keep the hens until they stop feeding,
- For boilers, it is permissible both on the floor and in cages or on the grid. In this case, the paddock is not needed, and the feeder and drinkers are equipped for each cell. For laying hens such placement is not desirable.
For the convenience of entering the exit, separate slots for each tier are needed. Then the hens and broilers in the same chicken coop will be less in conflict.
Joint breeding chickens
After hatching chicks in both directions can be kept in the common room. But during the first month, broiler breeds will noticeably overtake the rest. The danger lies in the fact that larger ones can trample small relatives and will constantly take away some of their food.
Grown up broilers must be deposited in a separate cage and continue to feed on their meat ration. Well help to gain a lot of dairy products (cottage cheese, whey, yogurt).
Important! Be sure to rinse trays after feeding with milk formulas. In the heat of the remnants of food very quickly deteriorate.
The details of chickens:
- In the diet should be present: food, vitamins, egg yolk, whey, warm water,
- Starting from 3 weeks, you can transfer to grain food and mash with the addition of potatoes,
- The feeders make as long as possible, and the light is muffled to reduce the aggressiveness of the young,
- Sluggish and weak chicks are isolated from the rest and fed with serum, yolk, vitamins,
- You can not keep chickens with adults - conflicts will be inevitable. It will be optimal to select birds of the same age and size,
- From one month of age you can sit down chickens to each other. It is best to do this at night, so that the birds can wake up at the same time for the first meal.
Differences of broilers from layers
Each breed of hens has its own peculiarities in behavior; sleep patterns and walks, diet and activity can vary greatly. These features should be taken into account when choosing a breed of bird in a domestic chicken coop.
- The layer is intended for receiving high-quality table eggs, and only then meat. For chickens of this orientation, regular day walks and active feeding are preferable; In the henhouse, the hens occupy the upper and middle tiers, love the roost, and feeding is carried out 4 times a day. In the evening she blows one egg.
- In broilers, the opposite is true - rapid mass growth and slaughter in 2-3 months. Sedentary lifestyle contributes to the rapid growth of mass. Food for them should always be freely available with clean water. Broilers do not need perches, they are always located on the lower tier and are well tolerated in cells. Meat birds, in fact, do not rush because of the large mass and short lifespan, and the egg is small.
Share on social network:
Section: "Chickens and everything necessary for their breeding."
Discuss on the forum
The wheeze is a special sound that birds make when breathing. Most often this is the main symptom of bronchitis diseases. In addition, the chicken can begin to breathe heavily, and wheezing will become
For those who are engaged in growing chickens professionally, probably, it will not be a new name for kurei cross. This kind of hybrid of poultry obtained by breeding from several breeds
We think in this regard, why chickens eat their eggs, everything is clear. After all, when the layers of the body lack the necessary vitamins and minerals, especially calcium, they begin to peck up what falls
Let us say at once that a chicken's paw tumor may occur due to a banal bruise or stroke, which is quite often the case if birds walk in the wild. Of course, in this case, no threat
Chick coccidiosis is a disease caused by Eimeria parasites. They multiply in the intestines and disrupt the work of the entire digestive system. As a result, dehydration is detected in the chicken.