One of the most common and favorite raspberry varieties among summer residents is the Pride of Russia.
In our article we will tell you what this variety is and how to care for the bushes.
Raspberry Pride of Russia is often found in the suburban areas, and the description of the variety is familiar to all amateur gardeners. We offer you to familiarize yourself with the characteristics of this type of berry.
The bush is rather compressed, strong and powerful, its height is about 1.8 meters. Every season there is a formation of a set of shoots that you should definitely delete. The plant has straight, thick stems, and there are no thorns on the replacement shoots.
Each branch can have up to 30 fruits. Foliage has a dark green color. On the tips of the shoots leaves form rosettes.
Fruits are large in size, the average weight is 12 g. The berries are dark red in color, velvety, in shape very similar to a cone. They have good juiciness and a small amount of seed, a sweet-sour taste and a slight aroma.
The pride of Russia has medium maturity, fruiting occurs from July to August. Usually harvesting consists of 5-6 stages. One bush can give about 5 kg of berries. Even after ripening, the fruits do not fall to the ground, and their removal happens easily, without effort. Berries have a small shelf life and an average degree of transportability.
Raspberry planting technology
Raspberry large-fruited Pride of Russia is planted in the autumn period - in September or October. In rare cases, the landing can be transferred to March. The event, held in the fall, has certain advantages, for example, the plant will be able to thoroughly take root. However, we must bear in mind that for the winter raspberries should definitely be covered.
It is necessary to prepare the soil for planting bushes in advance: in 3-4 months. The site should be freed from weeds, dig the ground, fertilize it. At 1 square meter of soil will need:
- potassium - 25 g,
- manure - 5 kg
- superphosphate - 60 g.
Planting raspberries includes the following steps:
- Before planting bushes, it is necessary to put compost into the soil at the rate of 7 kg per 1 sq. Km. meter.
- Then you need to dig holes. The distance between them should be 60-70 cm, size - 50x50 cm. It is also worth leaving a distance between the rows - about 1-1.5 meters.
- In each hole for 2/3 you need to pour fertile soil, place the seedling. It is necessary to gently straighten the root system in the pit, sprinkle lightly with soil. Root neck should not stick out of the ground.
- Each bush should be carefully watered: 3-4 liters per plant. Also carried out mulching with sawdust or humus.
At this process of planting raspberries completed, then you need to provide the plant with careful care.
What the variety loves: care features
In order to grow healthy and high-quality raspberry on Russia's summer cottage, Russia's Pride, it is necessary to plant properly and provide proper care.
This type of raspberry loves moisture, so watering should be carried out 4 times a season:
- before flowering begins,
- in the period of ripening berries,
- after the last harvest,
- before the first frost.
If you do not have the opportunity to introduce a drip system, watering can be done with a watering can or with a hose with a sprayer. The procedure is recommended early in the morning or in the evening. Watering raspberries with scorching sun can cause burns on the foliage.
The volume of the harvest and the quality of the berries depend on how timely you are at this event.
Feeding is carried out at such a time:
- in the first year of life: you can use the slurry mixed with water (a ratio of 3: 2, per bush - 2.5 l),
- in the spring - it is necessary to fertilize the land with manure, potash salt, superphosphates,
- in the autumn period - after harvesting, it is necessary to perform top dressing using ashes and potassium phosphate preparations,
- In early spring - fertilizing is carried out with nitrogen fertilizers.
The trimming procedure must be carried out 3 times per season:
- at the end of March: it is necessary to cut off shoots that are dead and damaged, while healthy ones should also be shortened to the upper buds.
- after bud breaks, the branches are shortened by 13-15 cm. This is necessary to increase the yield.
- The last pruning is performed 2-3 weeks before the onset of cold weather. It is necessary to remove, cut off under the root shoots, which bear fruit for 2 years, as well as old, healed and too young plants.
If the bushes have grown too abundantly, and the necessary distance between them is no longer visible, the soil is dug up to the depth of a shovel, and it is not recommended to do this closer than 30 cm to the plant.
How to prepare the plant for winter
Starting activities to prepare the plant for the winter period is in the middle of November. Between rows, stakes are driven in, wire is pulled at a distance of 30 cm from the ground. Then you need to bend the bushes to it so that an arc is formed. Tie them with a strong thread. Over the bushes need to pull the agrofiber. Such a structure is an improvised greenhouse and will help protect the plant from frost.
Pros and cons varieties
Like any variety, raspberry Russia's Pride has its advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages of the variety include:
- bountiful harvest of tasty large berries,
- resistance to frost (up to -30 ° C)
- the opportunity not to remove the berries for a long time, since they do not crumble,
- availability of resistance to such diseases as anthracosis, botrytis, chlorosis.
Among a small number of minus varieties are the following:
- low sugar content of fruits,
- the need to constantly carry out top dressing to get a quality crop,
- high sensitivity to lack of moisture.
Variety Pride of Russia has more advantages than disadvantages, and therefore is particularly popular among summer residents.
Plant reproduction can be performed using root shoots or apical cuttings. The cutting method is also used. Raspberries quickly get accustomed, and as a result is capable of producing a large number of processes that can be used as planting material. Consider some ways in more detail.
- Reproduction using root offspring. It is necessary to pour 1 liter of water into the pit, lower the scions into the talker. If the weather is sunny, the bushes need to create an artificial shadow for a couple of days. After 10-14 days, the intensive growth of seedlings begins, and by the time they need to dig up planting material, they will have reached the required size.
- Reproduction by cuttings. The event is held in spring or autumn. It is necessary to retreat 20 cm from the bush and dig out the ground. Healthy roots with a diameter of more than 2 mm cut into pieces containing 1-2 buds, a length of 10 cm. The cuttings should be planted in loose soil.
The raspberry variety Russia's Pride draws the attention of tasty large berries and ease of care. Having landed several bushes on your plot, you can always enjoy the pleasant taste of the fruit.
Variety description Pride of Russia
Raspberry Pride of Russia belongs to mid-season varieties, it ripens closer to the end of June or early July. Fruiting lasts until early August. The yield from each bush for the season is about 4-8 kg! It has a two-year cycle of fruiting - in the first year the shoots mature, and in the second there are berries.
The berries are large, the average weight of 10-12 g - a record 18 g
Bushes are powerful, but compact, not spreading, growing to 1.5-1.8 meters. The shoots are powerful, erect, do not break even under the weight of a bountiful harvest, without thorns, but pubescent, gray-brown color. For each shoot, 20-30 berries are formed per season. The leaves are large and dark green, shiny, but not glossy.
The berries are large, the average weight of 10-12 g - a record 18 g. The shape is elongated, conical with a blunt end. From the stalk detach with ease, without effort. The surface of the berries is velvety, red. The taste is sweet, rich, but there is sourness. The flesh is juicy, the mouth literally melts, the seeds are small. The aroma is not strong, and with insufficient dressing may be absent altogether.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of raspberry Pride of Russia?
The abundance of positive qualities affected a very wide distribution of the variety. What are the advantages he has?
Record harvests from the bush reach 8 kg!
- Early maturity and self-fertilization simplify the cultivation of raspberry variety Pride of Russia.
- The berries are very large, which simplifies their collection, improves product quality.
- There is resistance to all fungal diseases.
- Winter hardiness to -30 degrees, but the bushes will not withstand more severe frosts, therefore they require protection and insulation for the winter in the northern and middle regions.
- Drought resistance - the variety is not afraid of lack of moisture - it survives even on the hottest summer days.
- Productivity Record harvests from the bush reach 8 kg! This is a lot considering that a variety can be grown in almost any climatic region.
And now about the shortcomings - what is it worth waiting for and wary of gardeners?
Raspberry is required and garter. There are two ways to provide plant support:
- The first option is to install in the center of a stake bush and garter the stalks with string at 0.5 m and 1.5 m.
- The second type of support is a trellis. On both sides of the row at a distance of 30 cm from the bushes two pillars are dug. Between them the wire is pulled, to which the stems are attached.
Important! Only fruiting shoots are tied to the support.
Preparation in the winter
For raspberries, Russia's Pride, temperatures down to -30 ° C are not dangerous. But if in the area where the crop grows, the temperature drops below this mark, the plant must be covered. To do this, in the fall, the bushes bend down to the ground (30–40 cm from the soil) and tied to one another, and then sprinkled with earth. In this position, the raspberry will be under the snow cover earlier. In early April, the stems unleash, soon they will take their natural look.
Pride of Russia as a brand which should be proud
Fruits up to the first of August, the main fruiting gives 5-6 fees. It is considered one of the most productive varieties of the Moscow region.
Not without a fly in the ointment
Is the above true? What are actually raspberry Pride of Russia reviews gathered opinions diametrically divided. Of the minuses can be called:
- Weak sugar content & # 8212, in shaded areas, in the rainy season, the berry does not really shine with sweetness, while maintaining a beautiful shape, volume when fully ripe.
- In addition, the level of agrotechnics also affects the taste, namely mineral and nitrogen fertilizers: from complex preparations of the Master type, Growth concentrate to organic matter.
- Sensitive to moisture, irrigation, soil fertility. However, this applies to all large-fruited & # 8212, they all require high farming practices.
- It tolerates snowy winters with frost down to -30 C. Given the moderate frost resistance of large-fruited varieties, in regions with severe winters, it is worth covering up with the risk of thaw, gently bending the shoots to the ground and folding them together.
Positive sides: a barrel of honey
& # 8212; Interesting as a large-fruited, fruitful, with a very attractive berry.
& # 8212, Form a multitude of substitution shoots, easily propagated.
& # 8212, With intensive agrotechnics & # 8212, a drop, a sufficient top dressing gives a very sweet, with a subtle raspberry flavor berry.
& # 8212, Disease resistance is not exaggerated: mosaic, chlorosis, rot bypass.
Care: growing nuances
The variety of the two-year fruiting cycle, i.e. in the first year, shoots grow, and only in the second begins fruiting. In the fall, after harvesting, the shoots are cut to the root.
- Planting raspberries Pride of Russia & # 8212, at least 70 cm between bushes and 1.5-2 m between rows.
- Shoots, in comparison with many tall ones, do not stand tall, but need to be tied up. This will maintain the shape of the bush, will give a good illumination, ventilation, facilitate the collection, will not allow the branches of the lower tiers to lie down, get dirty. In addition, under the weight of the crop, the wind will not bend, despite the fact that the bush is quite powerful.
- Sufficient irrigation (a drop ideally), mulching, loosening & # 8212, standard procedures.
- The intensity of fertilizing matters: the sugar content, the content of acids, vitamin C & # 8212, what we call taste, is directly proportional to the content of trace elements in the soil. If the nitrogenous ones are responsible for the aboveground part, the root formation, then for fruiting, sweetness and smell, and # 8212, it is precisely the microelements. On poor soils there will never be tasty fruits & # 8212, whether it be raspberry or apple. Therefore, when planting & # 8212, we focus on the nitrogen-containing group, including organics, ammonium nitrate (6-7 kg per hundred, urea). On the sandy soil of mineral fertilizers, you need to use more, making in two or three doses: 7-8 kg of the same urea, but always in 3 doses & # 8212, in early April, in the middle of May and June.
- After planting before blooming buds, the first fertilizing is done with organic matter - & # 8212, cow and etc., + urea (saltpeter) then two more times with an interval of two weeks.
- Further & # 8212, on the mineral complex containing trace elements potassium, magnesium. The importance of phosphorus is somewhat exaggerated, according to the latest data, but in complex preparations it will not be superfluous.
And in conclusion, it is worth noting that the Pride of Russia should not expect anything unbelievable from raspberries: for the most part, all large-fruited and high-yielding varieties are similar. Big, fleshy, sweet and with a good, really raspberry smell & # 8212, the usual excellent berry. Sophisticated gourmets, as well as connoisseurs can blame the variety for mediocrity & # 8212, the reproach will not be fair. Immediately a lot of & # 8212, reasons for pride & # 8212, not too much.
How often for the wondrous tastes have to pay a meager fruit or a bunch of sores, which you can create your own atlas. And this option & # 8212, ideal, as a private opinion of the author of the article, in terms of the ratio of all the qualities that characterize a decent choice. Good harvest!
Raspberry "Pride of Russia"
There are few people in the world who would not like raspberries. Its bright, sweet and insanely fragrant berries are pleasant both fresh and in blanks. What sort of raspberry to choose so that it will enjoy good yields for a long time and does not require complicated care? This sort of raspberry is and it is called the “Pride of Russia”.
We plant raspberry pride of Russia in our garden
One of the advantages of this variety is that after ripening, the berries do not crumble and do not rot, remaining on the branches for a long time. Bones in the berries almost do not feel the taste.
Raspberry bushes “Pride of Russia” have compact dimensions and a slightly sprawling shape. Their shoots covered with large bright green leaves are pulled up 1.6-1.8 meters. Up to - 30 degrees raspberry "Pride of Russia" is able to winter without shelter, which also adds points to it. But still, if there is a danger of severe frosts, it is worth taking care of sheltering the root system.
The degree of protection against diseases and pests in the "Pride of Russia" is quite high, so it is almost not affected by root rot and viral diseases.
“Pride of Russia” refers to the varieties of the two-year fruiting cycle, therefore, during the first year of planting it grows shoots. Berry formation occurs in the second year. To get the maximum yield, you need to carry out a whole range of activities:
- среднерослые кусты не нуждаются в подвязывании, но все же побеги принято подвязывать в целях облегчения ухода и сбора урожая,
- the correct formation of the berry bush improves the illumination of the plant, contributes to its ventilation and facilitates harvesting,
- irrigation is one of the standard procedures for cultivation: it is best to use a drip irrigation system, which not only allows you to maintain an optimal level of humidity, but also facilitates the application of liquid fertilizers,
- the intensity of the dressings has a direct impact on the sugar content and the acid content of the berries, so you should carefully consider the choice of the type of fertilizer and the scheme of their application,
- good result gives fertilizer raspberry urea, the introduction of which should be carried out in early April, in mid-May and the last decade of June,
- in the early spring, before the phase of mass budding, it is necessary to carry out the first organic fertilization of berry culture with mullein or solution based on chicken manure,
- for the following feeding, it is advisable to use a full-fledged mineral complex with a sufficient content of the main trace elements - magnesium, phosphorus and potassium,
- it is very important to keep the soil in raspberry trees clean from weeds, as well as to conduct surface soil loosening, which improves the flow of air to the root system of the berry crop,
- In order to reduce the volume of manual irrigation, as well as slow down the growth of weeds and prevent the formation of soil crusts on the surface, it is recommended to mulch the soil with organic matter.
In the autumn period it is recommended to prune shoots under the root, which has a positive effect on the performance of the next year.
Planting raspberry "Pride of Russia" does not have significant differences from the technology of planting any other varieties of this berry crop, which is popular in our country:
- Raspberry seedlings can be planted both in landing pits and in prepared trenches,
- a relatively unpretentious berry plant tolerates spring planting, but in some regions of our country, preference should be given to planting raspberries in autumn: in the northern areas the spring period is wet and prolonged, which is optimal for survival of seedlings, but plants that are planted in autumn often die, so and not having time to settle down, a long and fairly warm autumn period is observed in the southern regions, so it is best to plant raspberry seedlings at the end of September or in the first half of October bry,
- for raspberries, flat and dry areas with a good level of illumination should be removed,
- Soil digging should be carried out in advance with the necessary nutrients and the subsequent marking of rows,
- After the root system of the seedling is lowered into the landing pit or trench, it is necessary to carefully straighten all the roots and sprinkle them with nutritious soil, placing the root collar flush with the ground.
After planting, shoots are subject to mandatory pruning at a height of 15-20 cm, as well as watering and mulching pristvolnyh circles. In about ten years, it will be necessary to find a new place for the large-fruited raspberries in the garden and carry out a transplant, which is necessary to preserve the productivity of the berry crop.
According to experienced gardeners who have been cultivating the most promising and large-fruited raspberry varieties for some years, the medium-grown plants of the Pride of Russia variety are capable of producing a good harvest even on a small planting area. The variety really shows tolerance to the main diseases most dangerous for raspberries., and if they are present, there is no decline in yield or quality of the berries.
Fruiting is stable, annual and very abundant. High productivity implies competent care, which will include such major activities as irrigation and fertilizer application, removal of weeds and shallow loosening of the topsoil, as well as the formation of a bush.
How to plant raspberries (video)
A plus is the unpleasantness of raspberries for aphids, which reduces the need to use strong chemicals, therefore making the crop the most attractive from an environmental point of view.
Worthy variety "Pride of Russia" receives high marks and positive reviews of amateur gardeners for many years and is considered one of the best for growing in the middle zone of our country.
Raspberry grade Pride of Russia
Raspberry variety Russia's Pride was created by VVSVISP Honored Professor V.V. Kichin in the 92nd year. He was bred in the process of crossing two raspberry varieties: Capital and Stambov-20. Raspberry "Pride of Russia" refers to the large-grape varieties and has a rather beautiful appearance. This variety is a true pride of the Russian Federation and deserves special attention.
History of creation, description and distinctive features of the variety Pride of Russia
The original name of the variety was rather prosaic - T4. It was created at the Moscow Institute of Horticulture in 1992, along with other similar large-fruited varieties. Once a group of gardeners was invited to an experimental site with raspberry bushes covered with large, beautiful berries. Seeing an unusual raspberry, one of the attendees fell on her knees and exclaimed: “This is the pride of Russia, the beauty of Russia!”. So this variety got its name, although the author, out of modesty, didn’t want to give him that name for a long time, but suggested another name, Ispolin. But nevertheless, over time, the variety began to unambiguously be named after the Pride of Russia for its outstanding qualities.
Summer raspberry, with a two-year vegetation cycle. The bush of this variety is powerful, sparse, the height of shoots reaches 1.8–2 m. Root offspring and replacement shoots give little, no more than 5–7 pieces, there is no need to limit the bushes. No spikes on shoots. The leaves are large, dark green. Bushes are bright, decorative, can be used in landscape design as an ornament of the site.
Berries, like grapes, are harvested in 15–20 pieces per brush. Rip not at the same time. Matt, cone-shaped, oblong, light red, large, with a dry margin. A distinctive feature of the variety - very large sepals. The weight of the berry reaches 15-18 g. The bones are small, almost imperceptible. After ripening, the berry does not peel off, but loses its taste, although it does not rot. The drupe does not crumble, transportable. By maturity - mid-season. Crop harvested from the first decade of July to the first decade of August. During this time, each bush, with proper care, gives up to 6 kg of berries. It takes attention and some effort to reveal all the positive properties of the variety.
Raspberry The pride of Russia can withstand temperatures down to -30 o C, but its roots are afraid of icing, so it is desirable to cover this raspberry for the winter, especially in regions with severe but thawed winters. The variety has immunity against aphids, which often carries viral diseases. Not afraid of the Pride of Russia and root rot and the main fungal diseases.
The first harvest can be collected in the first decade of July. Completes fruiting plant at the end of summer. Not remontantny, early variety, not requiring special care.
Characteristics of raspberry Pride of Russia
Description and characteristics of raspberry variety Russia's Pride:
- Shrub with a powerful root system. Shoots reach 1.5-1.8 m in length. Thorns on the bushes are missing. The leaves have a dark green color, the surface is rough,
- On the fruit branch can be up to 20 large bright red berries, cone-shaped,
- Moderate number of shoots, replacement of 5-7 pcs.,
- The average weight of one raspberry is 8-10 g., With proper feeding of the bush, the weight can be up to 20 g (large-fruited). Dual berries may occur. Up to 5 kg of berries can be harvested from one shrub of the Pride of Russia variety; the number of harvests is up to 6 times per season,
- The pulp of raspberry has a delicate sweet-sour taste, the bones are very small. It is convenient to pick berries, they are easy to remove from the stalk. Raspberries do not crumble even when fully ripe,
- The plant is resistant to various diseases (fungal infections, chlorosis, mosaic), sometimes affected by aphids. Frost-resistant variety (up to minus 30 C), it is recommended to bend down shoots for the winter. With a prolonged drought fruits large berries,
- Lack of regular soil moisture affects the taste of ripe raspberries.
The big harvest for the season, large tasty berries, resistance to many diseases made the variety Russia's Pride in demand from gardeners.
Saplings varieties Pride of Russia must be planted in the spring or autumn. When planting plants in the autumn, it is necessary to lay the bushes and cover with agrofiber for the winter. Till spring they will take root and get stronger, therefore autumn disembarkation is more preferable than spring one.
Before planting it is important to prepare the soil. Recommended soil for normal development of the bush - loamy, the soil should be with humus. The plot must be cleared of weeds, loosen and fertilize the soil (5-7 kg of humus per 1m2 of land).
On a note. It is undesirable to make planting bushes varieties "Pride of Russia" in open areas, in ravines. Gusts of wind and constant drought will adversely affect the future harvest.
- Make holes for the bush. The recommended width and depth is up to 0.5 m. The distance between them should be half a meter. Rows do at a distance of 1 m to each other,
- Fill each well with 2/3 of humus. The seedling is placed in the middle of the hole, the roots should be gently straightened, sprinkled with earth,
- After planting, each bush should be watered with three liters of water. Top - pour a little humus (you can use special sawdust), this will protect the roots, retain moisture in the ground.
Variety Pride of Russia propagated in several ways:
- Apical layering,
- Root offspring,
After planting, the variety quickly takes root and gives new shoots. They are used for seating arrangements.
Raspberry Care Russian Pride
The variety does not require special care, it is enough to perform general manipulations with the plant. Recommendations:
- Keep the plot in order, timely get rid of weeds,
- Regularly water the bushes, loosen the ground, sprinkle with fertilizer,
- In the beginning of spring and in the middle of autumn to produce several pruning.
In April, it is necessary to remove dry, weak, broken branches. Each shoot is pruned with shears or shears to the first swollen bud. To increase the yield, re-pruning is done after the buds are blossomed. Each stalk is shortened by another 15 cm.
By the winter period, you need to make another pruning. The event is held in mid-autumn, before the onset of the first cold weather. The shears remove:
- Sick or old stalks,
- Branches that thicken the bush,
- Escape, fruiting 2 years in a row.
Raspberry Pride of Russia is considered to be frost-resistant, but it is advisable to cover the plant for the winter. Preparation for frost begins in the late fall.
Preparing for the winter period
It is necessary to insert pegs along the bushes. They need to pull the wire at a height of 30 cm from the ground. Each raspberry stem is gently tilted to the ground and fixed on the wire with a nylon thread. Shoots must be in the shape of an arc. From above on bushes agrofiber keeps within. It turns out a neat mini-greenhouse for raspberries, which will protect each stem from severe frosts.
How to water raspberries
Raspberry Pride of Russia - moisture-loving variety. Lack of water affects the taste of berries, therefore, during the season the gardener should carry out the following types of watering:
- At the beginning of flowering,
- During the ripening of berries,
- After you finish picking raspberries,
- Before the winter frosts.
Raspberry watering tips
The optimal raspberry irrigation system is drip irrigation. After watering the land around the bush is fertilized, the soil is mulched with straw or sawdust.
Every year, the plant is fed manure, superphosphates. After the harvest, wood ash and phosphate-potassium fertilizers are used.
How to store crops
The variety has a high yield of large berries. On an industrial scale, with the use of an agricultural technician, up to 18 tons of raspberries per ha are harvested per season. Ways to store ripe berries:
- To preserve the berries, they are stored in a cool place. Recommended temperature - from 0 to +5 degrees, humidity - 90%. Raspberries can be transported, the berries will remain fresh and beautiful in appearance. Refrigerated shelf life - 3 days,
- One of the ways for the long storage of berries - shock freezing. Frozen raspberries can be stored for 7 months,
- Raspberries are dried using a drying cabinet or naturally. After drying, the berry is placed in cotton bags. Store at room temperature in a dry ventilated place.
Crop storage methods
Advantages and disadvantages
Variety Pride of Russia has many advantages. The advantages include:
- Large-fruited variety, early ripening,
- Novelty different tasty pulp, small bones,
- The variety is resistant to different weather conditions,
- After ripening raspberries do not crumble,
- There are no thorns on the stem,
- The plant propagates easily
- Raspberry bush unpretentious care,
- The plant is resistant to various diseases,
- The main plus is a big harvest every year.
There are several drawbacks:
- The effect of lack of moisture on the taste of berries,
- The need for additional feeding (insignificant minus),
- Perhaps defeat aphids.
Raspberry is suitable for growing in central Russia. The raspberry variety Russia's Pride has received positive feedback from gardeners, which has long been considered the best variety with high yields and tasty berries.
Description of the raspberry Pride of Russia
Raspberry bush has a compact, compressed type, fairly strong branches and straight, thick stems. In height can reach more than one and a half meters.
The main difference of this variety from the similar ones is the complete absence of thorns. On each branch more than 20 berries ripen. Mature foliage is dyed to a rich green color and shimmers in the sun.
The surface of the leaf is pimply, and lighter rosettes form on the top of mature shoots.
The raspberry variety Russia's Pride bears bright-red, large berries, with a velvet surface. The fruits have a delicate flavor with a sour note, have a rich aroma and a small amount of seeds. The berries are not susceptible to shattering even during full ripening, and they are easily separated from the core.
The pride of Russia belongs to the early maturity and samoplodnymi varieties of medium term maturity. During the season, it is possible to carry out about 6 charges, the total yield is about 4 kg of berries from one bush.
Harvested berries do not tolerate transportation and long-term storage!
This raspberry variety is characterized by high frost resistance (the bush can withstand up to -30 degrees) and resistance to prolonged drought. The bush is not susceptible to fungal diseases, rot, mosaic and chlorosis.
- early maturation
- high yield,
- lack of thorns,
- resistance to all sorts of diseases,
- unpretentious care,
- ease of reproduction.
Planted raspberry bushes Russia's Pride is recommended in the autumn period of time or in early spring. Autumn planting is more preferable, since the plant has time to get stronger and take root during the winter, however, in this case the raspberry bush should be under cover.
The main condition for the normal development of the bush is the absence of weeds in the designated area and favorable soil. Experienced gardeners recommend starting soil preparation for planting raspberries in advance, at least three months in advance.
The most favorable place for planting this variety of raspberries is the site near the fence. The most favorable soil is loamy and humus-rich soil. It is also desirable that the distance to groundwater is at least one and a half meters.
It is not necessary to plant the Pride of Russia on ravines, since this variety does not accept wind gusts and excessive aridity.
Step-by-step instructions for planting raspberry seedlings:
The plot is cleared from weeds, cultivated and fertilized. Immediately before planting the bushes on the soil humus is introduced at the rate of 7 kg per square meter.
The holes under the bushes are dug out at a distance of half a meter from each other, with a depth and width of 0.5 m. The distance between the rows should be about a meter. Two-thirds of each hole is filled with fertile soil.
The seedling is placed in the center of the hole, the roots are straightened and sprinkled with prepared soil.
Important! Radical neck should be on the same plane with the ground level.
Each planted bush is watered with 3-4 liters of water and sprinkled with humus or special sawdust, which prevents the rapid evaporation of moisture and protects the root system of the bush.
Raspberry Pride of Russia does not require special care. The main thing for this variety is the timeliness of performing the necessary manipulations, that is, the site must be kept clean, regularly cleaned of weeds, dug up, fertilized and watered.
This raspberry variety is very moisture-loving, therefore it is necessary to water it at least four times a season. The first time is just before the flowering itself, the second - during the ripening of berries, the third - after gathering the fruits, the fourth - before the onset of cold weather. Рекомендованной системой полива Гордости России является капельное орошение, после процедуры почва обязательно мульчируется.
От своевременности такого рода манипуляций, как подкормка зависит урожайность и качество ягод. Подкармливать кусты малины следует один раз в год. For these purposes, manure diluted with water (3: 2), superphosphates, nitrogen fertilizers, ash, etc. are usually used.
Pruning a bush
In order for a raspberry bush to be strong and fertile it is necessary to periodically prune and remove dead branches. Dried twigs are cut at the end of March.
The second stage of pruning is carried out after the maturation and dissolution of the kidneys. During this period, the branch is shortened by an average of 15 cm. This procedure allows you to increase the yield and strengthen the bush.
The last raspberry slice is made three weeks before the onset of cold weather.
It is necessary to prepare raspberry bush for wintering well in advance, before the onset of the first frost. For these purposes, mini-greenhouses are created, the framework for which the plants themselves are bent to the ground. Over the curved bushes have polycarbonate or agrofibre.
Alla M: Very productive variety that does not require special care and any special knowledge in the field of gardening. The berries are very sweet, large and a lot of them. For winter preparations are ideal, and fresh, you can eat them.
Victor L: The pride of Russia has been growing on my site for more than a year. What can I say: the bushes never get sick, are not particularly afraid of the cold, do not require any special care. At the same time, the yield just rolls over, sometimes we do not know what to do with so many berries.
Ksenia P: Only this variety grows in my summer cottage. Fruits perfectly, especially if you feed the bushes in a timely manner and fertilize the soil. The berries ripen very large, one to one, the taste is sweet and sour, however, this does not prevent me from making a wonderful, fragrant jam.
Raspberry Pride of Russia: description and characteristics of the variety, advantages and disadvantages, features of planting and care + photos and reviews
Raspberries have long and rightly been considered the favorite berry in our country. Tasty and healthy, it makes us happy in summer and saves us from colds in winter.
But simply raspberry doesn't suit us anymore, we need a large, beautiful, sweet berry, in a word, the best one.
How to choose among the many varieties that you need? Get acquainted with the description of one of the popular raspberry varieties - the Pride of Russia, recommendations for the care and harvest.
Pride of Russia - a variety of large non-repairable raspberries
For a long time, breeders, improving raspberry varieties, tried to get bushes with large fruits. All attempts ended unsuccessfully and the size of the berries for a long time stopped at around 4
AND But in 1998, the Moscow breeder, Professor V.V. Kichinoy, a variety of large-fruited raspberries was bred with bright red berries of conical shape, weighing an average of 12 grams, but some specimens reached 20. The grade has received the name Pride of Russia. Ripe berries of the Pride of Russia variety are collected in brushes of 20–25 pieces, well separated from the stem, but they do not crumble. Small seeds are barely perceptible. The raspberry variety Russia's Pride is distinguished by large conical berries Compact shrubs with shoots from 1.5 to 1.8 meters with large dark green leaves in summer give 7-10 shoots of replacement. Annual shoots are strong, slightly pubescent, without thorns. In terms of ripening Russia's Pride is a mid-season variety. In the Middle Strip fruits from early July to mid-August. Since the Pride of Russia is a fruitful, large-fruited variety, so that the branches do not bend under the weight of the berries, a garter is needed. For a simple trellis you will need wooden or metal poles, small crossbars and wire. With the bush method, a stake is driven into the hole and branches are fixed around it with soft twine. When the bush method of growing shoots raspberries tied to a peg As already noted, good care is needed for a generous harvest, and there are no trifles that can be neglected. The timely pruning of raspberries, watering, feeding, preventing and combating diseases and pests are important measures that will affect the health of the plants, the quality and quantity of the crop. That the bush well developed and fruited, regular pruning is necessary. Since the Pride of Russia, like most raspberry varieties, is a plant with a two-year development cycle, every year you need to remove branches from this year. Pruning is carried out in early spring before the buds open or in autumn, after harvesting. The old shoot is cut flush with the ground, leaving no hemp, to avoid the occurrence of diseases. Also remove all excess shoots, leaving 4-5 strongest shoots. In the spring overwintered shoots are slightly shortened, as a rule, to a strong bud. To increase the harvest of raspberries, you can use double pruning. Watering should be abundant and regular, but without waterlogging, which raspberry tolerates with difficulty. It is better to water a little less, but thoroughly, than often and little by little. With a long absence of rain, it is preferable to irrigate with a sprinkling method, but not more than once a week. In the summer, especially in the heat, raspberries are watered in the evening. An adult bush will need 2–3 buckets of water once a week. In the autumn, at the end of October, water recharge irrigation should be carried out with 50–60 l of water per 1 sq. M. landing. This will help the raspberry to winter. This raspberry variety, as already noted, is very picky about soil fertility. Therefore, top dressing should be regular, but not occasionally. Since spring, you can make organic, such as bird droppings. To do this, 1 kg of litter insist in 10 liters of water for a week, occasionally stirring the solution. For watering the litter you need to breed 1/20, that is, 0.5 liters of infusion is enough for 10 liters. You must comply with this proportion, and also make sure that the fertilizer does not fall on the shoots, as this can cause a burn of the plant. The same dressing can be done by adding manure, only you need to plant in a ratio of 1/10. Under one bush it is enough to pour out 3 liters of top-dressing once a month. Very good Russia's pride reacts to top dressing with ash solution. To do this, dilute 2 cups of ash in 10 liters of water, leave for a day. Once a month with this solution you can water the bushes under the root or spray on the leaves. Ash also promotes soil deoxidation and successfully fights pests. Very important for the variety Pride of Russia foliar dressing. Here you can recommend Crystal Red - a mineral fertilizer for strawberries and berries. 3-5 g of the drug diluted in 5 liters of water and spray on the leaves 1 time in 2 weeks from the beginning of flowering until the end of the harvest. Next, reduce the concentration to 2 g per 5 l of water and continue feeding during the month. Fertilizers include siderats. Oats, rye, vetch, phacelia, planted between the rows or around the holes with raspberries, will improve the soil structure, increase fertility, protect it from the scorching sun and strong wind, and skewed after regrowth will serve as an excellent mulch for raspberries. In addition, oats and rye are aggressor plants. Where they are sown, weeds do not grow. Despite the fact that Russia's Pride is a fairly frost-resistant variety, shelter for the winter is necessary. Especially young plants need it. For a successful wintering it is necessary to leave a sufficient layer of mulch, and bend the shoots to the ground and tie them to the next bush. Top cover with agrofiber with a thickness of 60 microns. To prepare the raspberry for the winter, bend the shoots of the neighboring bushes to the ground and tie them together In septoria, the spots on the leaves grow and cause the plant to die. Rust signs - raid on raspberry leaves from yellow to brown Root cancer has the appearance of rough growths on raspberry roots. Raspberry bushiness - instead of a few strong shoots, many thin sprouts with small leaves appear Spider mite pulls out juice from raspberry leaves. Raspberry mole lays larvae in buds. Raspberry beetle eats foliage and flowers. Raspberry cane lays larvae in the stem. Timely measures to prevent the occurrence of diseases and the appearance of pests will save your plantings, and hence the crop. Raspberry Harvest Russia's pride begins to gather from July. On average, 4–5 kg of berries are harvested from one bush. Despite the density of the pulp of this variety, raspberries are tender berries, therefore the fruits are placed in a flat container or baskets with a layer of 12–15 cm. If this condition is fulfilled, the berry will tolerate transportation. Raspberries gathered in low baskets will retain their shape. Good Pride of Russia and in fresh and in canned. It produces very tasty jams, jams, marmalades, compotes, juice and even wine. Raspberries can be simply rubbed with sugar, frozen or dried. Keep fresh raspberries Pride of Russia can be in the refrigerator for about 3 days. The pride of Russia is raspberry of medium early ripening. Received in Moscow TSTIPS. The bushes are considered medium tall - their height reaches 1.5–1.8 m, and have compact dimensions. Usually, 8 to 12 replacement shoots and up to 7 root shoots are formed on the plant. Young shoots are deprived of wax and thorns, but they have pubescence. Large leaves have a bright green color. Bushes sredneroslye and rather compact Large (weighing 8–10 g) conical berries that have tightly linked drupes are located on fruit sprigs in an amount of 20 or more pieces. The variety is characterized by dry separation of berries, which allows to store and transport the harvested crop. The berries are shaped like an elongated cone. The taste of berries is pleasant, characteristic of raspberries (without tastes and any specific flavor), the bones are little felt
The nuances of raspberry care The pride of Russia
Pruning raspberry shoots
Watering - the main condition for a good harvest
Fertilizers for Pride of Russia
Shelter for the winter
Photo Gallery: raspberry diseases Russia's pride
Photo Gallery: pest raspberries Pride of Russia
Harvesting and storage
Raspberry Pride of Russia - variety description
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The grade has received the name Pride of Russia.
Ripe berries of the Pride of Russia variety are collected in brushes of 20–25 pieces, well separated from the stem, but they do not crumble. Small seeds are barely perceptible.
The raspberry variety Russia's Pride is distinguished by large conical berries
Compact shrubs with shoots from 1.5 to 1.8 meters with large dark green leaves in summer give 7-10 shoots of replacement. Annual shoots are strong, slightly pubescent, without thorns.
In terms of ripening Russia's Pride is a mid-season variety. In the Middle Strip fruits from early July to mid-August.
Since the Pride of Russia is a fruitful, large-fruited variety, so that the branches do not bend under the weight of the berries, a garter is needed. For a simple trellis you will need wooden or metal poles, small crossbars and wire. With the bush method, a stake is driven into the hole and branches are fixed around it with soft twine.
When the bush method of growing shoots raspberries tied to a peg
As already noted, good care is needed for a generous harvest, and there are no trifles that can be neglected. The timely pruning of raspberries, watering, feeding, preventing and combating diseases and pests are important measures that will affect the health of the plants, the quality and quantity of the crop.
That the bush well developed and fruited, regular pruning is necessary. Since the Pride of Russia, like most raspberry varieties, is a plant with a two-year development cycle, every year you need to remove branches from this year.
Pruning is carried out in early spring before the buds open or in autumn, after harvesting. The old shoot is cut flush with the ground, leaving no hemp, to avoid the occurrence of diseases. Also remove all excess shoots, leaving 4-5 strongest shoots.
In the spring overwintered shoots are slightly shortened, as a rule, to a strong bud.
To increase the harvest of raspberries, you can use double pruning.
Watering should be abundant and regular, but without waterlogging, which raspberry tolerates with difficulty. It is better to water a little less, but thoroughly, than often and little by little.
With a long absence of rain, it is preferable to irrigate with a sprinkling method, but not more than once a week. In the summer, especially in the heat, raspberries are watered in the evening.
An adult bush will need 2–3 buckets of water once a week.
In the autumn, at the end of October, water recharge irrigation should be carried out with 50–60 l of water per 1 sq. M. landing. This will help the raspberry to winter.
This raspberry variety, as already noted, is very picky about soil fertility. Therefore, top dressing should be regular, but not occasionally. Since spring, you can make organic, such as bird droppings. To do this, 1 kg of litter insist in 10 liters of water for a week, occasionally stirring the solution.
For watering the litter you need to breed 1/20, that is, 0.5 liters of infusion is enough for 10 liters. You must comply with this proportion, and also make sure that the fertilizer does not fall on the shoots, as this can cause a burn of the plant. The same dressing can be done by adding manure, only you need to plant in a ratio of 1/10.
Under one bush it is enough to pour out 3 liters of top-dressing once a month.
Very good Russia's pride reacts to top dressing with ash solution. To do this, dilute 2 cups of ash in 10 liters of water, leave for a day. Once a month with this solution you can water the bushes under the root or spray on the leaves. Ash also promotes soil deoxidation and successfully fights pests.
Very important for the variety Pride of Russia foliar dressing. Here you can recommend Crystal Red - a mineral fertilizer for strawberries and berries. 3-5 g of the drug diluted in 5 liters of water and spray on the leaves 1 time in 2 weeks from the beginning of flowering until the end of the harvest.
Next, reduce the concentration to 2 g per 5 l of water and continue feeding during the month.
Fertilizers include siderats. Oats, rye, vetch, phacelia, planted between the rows or around the holes with raspberries, will improve the soil structure, increase fertility, protect it from the scorching sun and strong wind, and skewed after regrowth will serve as an excellent mulch for raspberries. In addition, oats and rye are aggressor plants. Where they are sown, weeds do not grow.
Despite the fact that Russia's Pride is a fairly frost-resistant variety, shelter for the winter is necessary. Especially young plants need it. For a successful wintering it is necessary to leave a sufficient layer of mulch, and bend the shoots to the ground and tie them to the next bush. Top cover with agrofiber with a thickness of 60 microns.
To prepare the raspberry for the winter, bend the shoots of the neighboring bushes to the ground and tie them together
In septoria, the spots on the leaves grow and cause the plant to die. Rust signs - raid on raspberry leaves from yellow to brown Root cancer has the appearance of rough growths on raspberry roots. Raspberry bushiness - instead of a few strong shoots, many thin sprouts with small leaves appear
Spider mite pulls out juice from raspberry leaves. Raspberry mole lays larvae in buds. Raspberry beetle eats foliage and flowers. Raspberry cane lays larvae in the stem.
Timely measures to prevent the occurrence of diseases and the appearance of pests will save your plantings, and hence the crop.
Raspberry Harvest Russia's pride begins to gather from July. On average, 4–5 kg of berries are harvested from one bush. Despite the density of the pulp of this variety, raspberries are tender berries, therefore the fruits are placed in a flat container or baskets with a layer of 12–15 cm. If this condition is fulfilled, the berry will tolerate transportation.
Raspberries gathered in low baskets will retain their shape.
Good Pride of Russia and in fresh and in canned. It produces very tasty jams, jams, marmalades, compotes, juice and even wine. Raspberries can be simply rubbed with sugar, frozen or dried. Keep fresh raspberries Pride of Russia can be in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
The pride of Russia is raspberry of medium early ripening. Received in Moscow TSTIPS.
The bushes are considered medium tall - their height reaches 1.5–1.8 m, and have compact dimensions. Usually, 8 to 12 replacement shoots and up to 7 root shoots are formed on the plant. Young shoots are deprived of wax and thorns, but they have pubescence. Large leaves have a bright green color.
Bushes sredneroslye and rather compact
Large (weighing 8–10 g) conical berries that have tightly linked drupes are located on fruit sprigs in an amount of 20 or more pieces. The variety is characterized by dry separation of berries, which allows to store and transport the harvested crop.
The berries are shaped like an elongated cone.
The taste of berries is pleasant, characteristic of raspberries (without tastes and any specific flavor), the bones are little felt
- under bad weather conditions, double berries can form,
- in the northern regions with a very harsh climate, special measures are needed to prepare the plants for winter,
- rainy weather and shading reduce the sugar content of berries and the deterioration of taste.
Selection of planting material
Purchase of raspberry seedlings is always associated with the risk of acquiring plants infected with viral diseases. To avoid this, take the seedlings in public nurseries. Check before buying the state of the roots - they must be well developed, without rot and dried areas, the stems must be healthy, without damage.
Crimson cuttings should have well developed roots.
You can take planting material from the division of the bushes in the area. To do this, during cutting, carefully remove extra shoots with as many roots as possible with the help of a fork. Choose only perfectly healthy stems.
Place the intended landing in the fall. Eliminate all weeds and dig a groove for the intended row. The width of the groove should be 3 lengths of a spade bayonet, depth - 1 bayonet.
The bottom of the groove is covered with an 8–10 cm thick layer of compost or rotted manure, and then loosened with forks so that the fertilizer mixes with the soil. Next, the groove is covered with earth and complex fertilizer is applied.
Raspberry grooves prepared from autumn
If the plot is heavily sodded, you need to apply a two-tier digging. In this case, the role of fertilizer is turf and there is no need to apply manure.
Pictures of bushes and fruits
Description of the variety will be incomplete without high-quality photos of the plant. The pride of Russia looks like this.
Ripe berries are asked in the basket The pulp is easy to part with fruit Summer managed hot, raspberry sweet
When laying several rows, orient them in a north-south direction to avoid mutual shading. The distance between rows should be 1.5–2 m, between plants in a row - 45–50 cm.
Raspberries should be planted in regular rows, observing the recommended distances between the bushes and between the rows
Step by step procedure:
- Place the plant in the groove to a depth of no more than 8 cm.
- Spread its roots, sprinkle it with earth and gently compact it with your hands.
- Immediately after planting, cut the stem on the bud, located 20-30 cm above the soil level.
- Water the planted plants.
It is preferable to root the plants in autumn (September-October). The absence of severe frosts, stable sunny weather, high humidity will allow the bushes to root root painlessly and adapt to new growing conditions before spring.
For the winter, immature seedlings are necessarily covered, in order to avoid freezing.
The pride of Russia, like other raspberry varieties, is usually planted in two ways:
In the first case, the plant is placed in the hole, forming detached bushes. In the second - in the trenches, forming a slender rows.
Sample properly organized raspberry
On a note! In order for a raspberry to succeed, the saplings must be strong, with a healthy developed root system.
About bush method
In the ground, they make indentations measuring 50x50 cm (a bit smaller). The distance between the pits is up to 1 m, between the rows up to 1.5-2 m.
If the soil is not prepared in advance (not fertilized), the grooves are filled with a nutrient complex, which is prepared from leafy earth, compost (2Х1), 15 g of superphosphate and ash.
Important! Nitrogen interferes with rooting of seedlings. Purchased complexes with this element should be avoided.
A shrub is placed in a prepared well so that the root collar remains at ground level, sprinkle the roots with nutritious mixture and water.
Now it is necessary to cut the seedling, leaving 5 buds on each stalk. This measure will allow the plant to take root more quickly and efficiently.
It remains to mulch the bush with straw or shavings with a layer of up to 7 cm, which will prevent the earthen clod from drying out, will relieve from such procedures as regular loosening of the soil or weeding.
As the old mulch layer is rotted, fresh sawdust is prepared and added.
Summer residents insist that for the “Pride of Russia” variety the method of planting raspberries in a trench is much more convenient and profitable. The culture has an extensive root system, which means that the shoots of replacement will make their way along the ridge. Getting rid of excess overgrowth outside the trench is easier. In addition, the height of the bushes obliges the gardener to provide a raspberry garter to the trellis, which is also an argument in favor of choosing the trellis method.
The rest of the procedure is identical to planting seedlings in the hole: fertilizer land, watering, mulching.
Raspberry Pride of Russia - moisture-loving variety. Do not do without moderate watering during periods:
- tying buds
- ripening berries
- at the end of the harvest.
Drip irrigation is recommended at the rate of 3-5 liters of water per bush.
Important! The grade does not need constant moistening. The ripe berry will be sour!
One of the conditions for proper care of the Pride of Russia is the struggle to improve the fertility of the soil. Feed the raspberries should be annually and steadily. For this purpose, suitable slurry (2.5 liters per bush). In the spring (during the awakening of the shoots) and in the fall (after harvesting), ash, urea and potassium-phosphorus complexes are relevant.
Sandy soils additionally require magnesium and nitrogen fertilizers.
Siderates, such as oats, rye, phacelia, sown along the row spacing or around the holes are also referred to as dressings. These plants improve the structure of the soil, cover the bushes and berries from direct sunlight, penetrating the wind.
In addition, practice shows that in places where oats and rye are cultivated, the weed does not grow, and in a ground state, both plants are an excellent mulch for raspberry bushes.
On a note! Approximate dosage of rotted compost used as a fertilizer is 5-7 kg per 1 sq. Km. meter of land.
Regular and competent pruning contributes to good development of the bush and high fruiting without loss of quality raspberry berries.
The pride of Russia belongs to the varieties with a two-year cycle of fruiting, therefore, in the first year, the seedling only increases shoots, and the berries themselves appear only in the second summer.
The stalks are removed every year! The procedure is carried out in the spring before the disclosure of the kidneys or in late autumn before hibernation. Old shoot cut out at the root. Stumps do not remain.
Pruner barely touches the ground
Young shoots are pruned after a critical assessment of the bush as a whole. The goal is to leave no more than 5 strong shoots, which will probably successfully winter, the rest must be removed.
In March, we should re-conduct the "audit" raspberry. Dead and painful shoots are cut at the root, healthy - to the upper buds.
Proper formation of a bush directly affects its light, ventilation and ease of picking raspberries.
On a note! The density of shoots, abundance of overgrowth will increase the vegetative mass of the Pride of Russia, but will negatively affect the fruiting. In addition, without artificial containment, the raspberry jam quickly grows, which directly affects the decrease in the yield and quality of the berries.
Pruning and shaping the bush
In the first year after planting a raspberry bush forms young shoots. Как только они появятся, следует обрезать старый пенёк под корень, чтобы он не начал плодоносить — это сэкономит силы молодого растения.
Побеги для удобства ухода нужно подвязывать к опорам. Старайтесь подвязать стебли таким образом, чтобы куст был максимально освещён и хорошо проветривался — это улучшает урожайность. In no case do not cut off the shoots that have grown in the first year - they will produce a crop next year, as raspberry is a plant with a 2-year cycle.
Crop Raspberry Video
In the second year after planting at the end of the fruiting, cut off all the stem-bearing plants at the root, and tie the young shoots of the current year to the wire.
Usually in the first 1-2 years there are no too many shoots. Subsequently, the bush becomes more dense and may need thinning.
Keep in mind that after 8–10 years the yield of raspberries falls and needs to be transplanted to a new place.
Stalk supports and garters
With abundant fruiting, the stems may bend from the severity of the berries and they need support. In addition, tied bushes are easier to handle. It is better to put supports before landing, but you can do it at the end of the summer of the first year.
There are several options for mounting the support: single, double and Scandinavian tapestries, as well as single supports.
Single trellis - the most compact type of support for raspberry
The most common way of tying is a single trellis, which takes up minimal space.
For its installation along the row, they are dropping to a depth of 45 cm and at intervals of 3–4 m, columns about 2.5 m high and tightening the wire on them at a height of 70–80, 100–110 and 160–170 cm.
Each fructifying stem is tied separately, which protects from the winter wind and improves lighting conditions.
True, such a support is not without flaws: young shoots are easily damaged during harvesting or can be broken by strong winds in the middle of summer, so they must be temporarily tied to the lower wires.
To obtain high yields raspberries require fertilizer. Each year in the autumn it is recommended to deposit 30–35 g / m2 of potassium sulfate, and in the spring - 15 g / m2 of ammonium sulfate. Superphosphate contribute once every 3 years at 60 g / m2.
Mineral substances can simply be scattered over the surface of the soil so that they cover about 50 cm on each side of the row.
After application, watering and mulching with a layer (5 cm thick) of organic fertilizers (wet peat, compost) is carried out.
The soil in rows should be loose and clean from weeds. During the entire growing season, weeds and excess root shoots are destroyed with the help of shallow loosening. At the same time, care must be taken not to damage the roots of crimson bushes.
Raspberries need regular watering, which is best done by drip. You can also water sprinkling or furrows between rows. Just avoid wetting the stems to reduce the possibility of fungal infection.
Raspberries can be watered
In dry weather, watering should be regular, as raspberry evaporates a lot of moisture through the leaves and stems. Watering should be such that the soil is moistened to a depth of 30–35 cm. For the whole season, raspberries require 7 waterings.
The first watering (20 l per 1 m row) is carried out at the end of May, while the shoots of substitution sprout. Then they spend 2 irrigations in June and another 2 - in July, 20–30 l of water per 1 m row. In early August, watering is carried out only if there is no rain at all.
After August 10, watering plants is not recommended. The last, water recharge, watering is carried out in late October.
Preparing for the winter
The young shoots are tied with a bundle and bent to the ground, then covered with some warming material (spanbond, nutrasil, spruce branches, corn stalks). You should not mulch the soil with sawdust - they accumulate too much moisture and can provoke rotting during thaws.
Raspberry The pride of Russia has good resistance to diseases, but under very wet weather and adverse conditions it can be affected by gray rot and purple spot.
Harvesting, storage and use of the crop
Raspberries begin to ripen by mid-summer and fruiting lasts a long time - until the first decade of August. Typically, the berries are removed in 4-5 approaches.
Raspberries are harvested by hand, always in dry weather. For the purpose of further storage and transportation, it is desirable to gather together with the stalk. It is better to cut it off with scissors. Try not to crush the berries - if they "flow", you can not keep them at all.
When picking raspberries, choose only the ripest berries and collect them carefully so as not to mash.
Carefully selected whole and dry raspberry berries can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week. It is best to lay the berries in layers, laying them with fresh leaves (for example, hazelnuts). This arrangement reduces the squeezing of the berries and improves the conditions of storage (or transportation).
Raspberry Pride of Russia is perfect for fresh consumption, as well as for making preserves, jams, liqueurs, fillings for pies. You can also dry the berries or freeze them for future use.
Dried raspberries are well kept for future use in winter.
Raspberry Russia's pride in comparison with other varieties does not differ in any special taste, but it is notable for high yield and resistance to diseases. Caring for this raspberry is simple, and its winter hardiness allows you to grow tasty and healthy berries, even in harsh climatic conditions.
Lack of variety
- average berry transportability,
- vulnerability due to sudden changes in air temperature,
- in low light, the sugar content and the aroma of the berries are reduced.
Planting raspberries The pride of Russia in spring is better in the northern regions, spring is not hot there, long, under such conditions it is easier for the seedling to take root.
It is important to remember that in the spring it is better to plant cuttings without leaves when the buds on them are just beginning to awaken.
In autumn, raspberries are best planted in the south. Autumn is warm and long, the seedling has time to take root until the cold. It is important that young shoots do not start to appear, they will not have time to get stronger, and will freeze in winter.
Cuttings from pots or fresh basal growth with the ground can be planted throughout the season.
The main points of planting raspberries are the same for most varieties: gardeners use a bush or ribbon method of raspberry cultivation when holes or trenches are dug in rows for cuttings.
In order for the raspberry Pride of Russia to realize all the declared qualities, the following conditions are necessary:
- the site for raspberry need to be allocated on a well-lit, heated by the sun place on a hill or on a slope, where there is no close adjacent groundwater,
- the ground in the area needs to be dug up, cleaned of weeds and debris,
- heavy clay soil needs to be dug up with peat, sand, humus, fertilizers. Sandy soil, on the contrary, mixed with clay, so that the earth retains moisture. Neutralize acidity of the site with lime, wood ash or old cement. If possible, print ants
- wells or ditches with a depth of 45-50 cm. fill one third with earth mixed with fertilizers (manure or bird droppings, compost, wood ash, potash-phosphorus composition).
Plot for raspberry needs to be prepared 15-20 days before planting, so that the earth has time to settle, and fertilizers are absorbed.
Cuttings of large-fruited raspberry varieties are planted at a distance of 1-1.2 m from each other, leaving a distance between the rows of 2-2.5 m. The roots of the cuttings spread on the top of the nutrient mixture, covered with garden or forest soil, watered at the rate of 20 l. water on the bush. The stalk is cut so that no more than 3-5 viable buds are left on it, the landing site is mulched with sawdust or straw.
It is important to know that sawdust of coniferous trees strongly acidify the soil, therefore they are not used in agricultural technology.
Without waiting for the bushes to grow, it is necessary to establish supports for the raspberry garter. Since the berries of this variety lose their taste, when there is insufficient sunlight, it is better to equip trellis with wire for the garter. It is believed that with such a garter the bush gives and retains twice as many berries as tied up simply to the pillars, or not tied at all.
Peculiarities of care
For raspberries, it is necessary to saturate the soil with moisture to a depth of 40-45 cm. On this basis, it is necessary to regulate the watering of the raspberry tree: take into account the amount of snowmelt water in spring, the structure of the soil, the nature and frequency of rain. The variety is large-fruited and fruitful, therefore it consumes a lot of water.
Abundant watering - 30-40 liters. water on the bush, it will be just necessary raspberry during flowering, as well as at the time of growth and ripening berries.
In the southern regions of raspberries, Russia's Pride must be watered abundantly even after the last harvest, in order to feed the plant after fruiting and maintain it in the September heat.
However, wet soil can cause roots to rot, and berries will be watery and not sweet.
The pride of Russia gives a lot of radical growth and up to 10-12 shoots of substitution. To prevent thickening of the bush and the spread of shoots on the site, you need to regularly cut the growth during weeding.
In the fall, you also need to cut out all dry, damaged, weak branches. For the next season, it is enough to leave 5-7 new, healthy, not fruiting shoots.
In the spring cut frozen stalks, pinch the tops of last year's branches to activate the formation of fruit twigs.
If before planting the necessary amount of fertilizers was applied to the site and to the bottom of the wells, then the first 2-3 years of raspberry do not need to be additionally fed.
Extra fertilizer depletes the soil and spoils the quality of the berries. During this time, you can prepare compost pits, bring manure, peat or forest land.
Starting from 3-4 years after planting, organic and mineral fertilizers are applied 2-3 times per season.
Raspberries are multiplied by Russia's Pride as radical shoots, rooting the upper part of the shoots, and they also grow cuttings from healthy shoots in hotbeds for their subsequent landing on the site.
We have the second year after disembarkation, the bushes "Pride of Russia" gave an excellent harvest - up to 4 kg from a bush. Although they write that it gives a full crop for 3-4 years. We have 20 bushes, in the future we want to increase this number of times in 2. The variety is very large-fruited, everyone likes the taste of berries, but they are poorly stored, you need to eat or recycle right away.
Berries grew large and bright, but they are tasty only when they are sown in the sun. The shrubs that grow with us behind the building yielded a rich harvest, but the berries taste sour. Raspberry "Pride of Russia" we leave. We will multiply.
Any work that is done with the soul and carries away, always gives a good result. Performing simple agrotechnical measures to grow raspberries, the Pride of Russia, you will receive not only a bountiful harvest, but also useful experience, health and satisfaction.
Raspberry variety Russia's Pride: description, photos, reviews, secrets of planting and care Link to main article
What are the advantages and disadvantages of raspberry pride of Russia?
The abundance of positive qualities affected a very wide distribution of the variety. What are the advantages he has?
Record harvests from the bush reach 8 kg!
- Early maturity and self-fertilization simplify the cultivation of raspberry variety Pride of Russia.
- The berries are very large, which simplifies their collection, improves product quality.
- There is resistance to all fungal diseases.
Record harvests from the bush reach 8 kg! This is a lot considering that a variety can be grown in almost any climatic region.
And now about the shortcomings - what is it worth waiting for and wary of gardeners?
- Transportability is average. Berries can be transported for short distances, but they cannot take long distances. The only option is to transport immature fruits, but even here there are no guarantees of the safety of the fruits because of the delicate upper skin of the berries.
- With inadequate care of raspberries, Russia's Pride gives small berries. Their size also depends on the location of the bushes. The smallest berries always ripen by the end of the season, as the bush doesn’t have much power, but if you provide additional planting for the plant, it can please the gardener with large berries throughout the season, and not just at the beginning.
- This raspberry may not have the flavor, and when it is, it is very weak. And this negatively affects its sales, as not only the taste and external qualities, but also the smell of berries attracts (or repels) buyers.
- More often other raspberry varieties are affected by aphids.
Selection of seedlings with open roots
- Carefully inspect the sapling.
- Mark the state of appearance, no damage, signs of disease.
- Mark the thickness of the shoot so as not to be thinner than 1–1.5 cm.
- Mark the state of the roots, well-branched and fibrous, without nodules, growths, blackened and dried-up areas. Their length is not shorter than 15–20 cm.
- Ensure that the buds are green, alive.
- See cambium color. Traced scratch on the bark should be green.
Selection of seedlings in containers
Saplings with a closed root system check as follows. The fact that the plant is grown in this capacity is indicated by roots that have sprouted through drainage holes. A dense clod of soil, densely woven with light roots, when removed from the pot does not fall apart. Such bushes can be planted from early spring to late autumn throughout the season. The advantages of planting seedlings with a closed root system are many:
- Such seedlings always take root, as their roots are not damaged.
- They bloom early and give fruit, because time is not wasted on rooting.
- There is no problem of safety of seedlings, as they can be planted in the ground at any time immediately after purchase.
- When transporting plants do not experience stress.
Planting seedlings step by step
- Saplings with an open root system before planting for 5–8 hours put in water with the addition of root-forming substances of Heteroauxin or Kornevin.
- Trim to a height of 40 cm, if not done by the sellers in the nursery.
- In the prepared pits or trenches at the desired distance to make the holes on the size of the roots of seedlings.
- Plants set vertically in the grooves so that the root neck is at the same level.
- Spread the roots so that their tips do not bend upwards.
- Carefully fill the soil with loose soil, gently shaking the plant to fill the voids between the roots.
- Liberally pour.
- To grind the soil around the bush with a thick layer of organic matter: peat, rotted sawdust, pine nut husks, sunflower, etc.
Garter to the trellis
The author of the creation of a raspberry variety, Russia's Pride V.V. Kichina believed that without a trellis it was impossible to grow large-fruited raspberries. This is not only his opinion. All over the world raspberries are grown on a trellis. It has been empirically established that the yield on a free-growing bush is 5–6 times lower than on a bush formed with the help of a garter for supports. And not only the number of berries, but their taste and size depend on this factor.
Tapestries are different. In the suburban areas mainly used simple single. They are dropping poles to a depth of at least 1 m, on which they fix several metal wires (it is better to take galvanized 4 mm thick) at different heights. The upper one is at the level of 1.50–1.80 m, the lower one is 40–50 cm. And several intermediate rows. Fruiting branches are attached to the wires vertically. For this purpose, most suitable conventional twine from tow. Replacement shoots attached to the supports as they grow with a strong inclination in one direction. With this formation, the shoots do not obscure each other, do not interfere with the harvest. It is convenient to cover the inclined branches in the fall. They are easily blown by the wind and do not get sick. Equipment raspberry hangers, in addition to increasing yields, facilitates the care of plants.
General conclusions and recommendations
The pride of Russia belongs to the large-fruited varieties demanding care and maintenance.
To achieve a sweet and sour taste of raspberry will not work if:
- the site is partially in the shade, the bushes do not get enough light
- the variety is cultivated in areas with a cold climate, in the absence of stable heat in the summer season
- the fruit ripening period was rainy and cloudy
- the root system did not receive enough feedings.
In the case of overmoistening of the soil, the berry will be watery and soft, that is unsuitable for transportation and storage.
Excessive dryness will affect raspberry size and juiciness. The bones of the berry will manifest themselves dramatically.
Improper pruning of the bush is a common cause of poor yield, poor fruiting.
Conclusion: raspberry Pride of Russia - a variety worthy of the attention of gardeners. With proper care and no errors, the plant will delight the host with an abundance of large and sour-sweet berries. There is something to strive for!
Video with the characteristic varieties "Pride of Russia":
Fertilizers and fertilizing
Most large-fruited raspberries require organic nitrogen. It is possible to provide it with necessary food, bringing manure under bushes. Especially horse. It is useful to fill up the bushes with fresh manure from autumn, using it instead of mulch.
How much fertilizer will prompt the bush itself. But you can not overfeed with nitrogen. В случае переизбытка этого вещества, побеги будут расти слишком интенсивно, достигая высоты 2–2,5 м, в ущерб количеству и качеству ягод. Избыток азота сказывается и на устойчивости растения к болезням и вредителям, делая его более уязвимым. В этом случае нужна срочная подкормка золой, чтобы нейтрализовать калием избыток азота. Оптимально сделать несколько подкормок за сезон.
Главные изюминки посадки
время и Выбор места
Raspberries are sensitive to light, so it must be planted on a site where the sun's rays fall perfectly. And culture must be protected from the winds. the most suitable type of land is loamy chernozem with a groundwater level not higher than 1.5 m from the surface. It is possible to plant raspberries in spring in April or as early as the autumn season (from the last decade of September to mid-October).
The procedure must be performed no later than 2 seven days before the onset of frost. During autumn planting, preparation work is carried out for a month, and during spring planting - in autumn (in October or November). Weeds are removed from the site, then the soil is dug up to a depth of 30–40 cm and 10 kg of humus or 15–20 kg of dry manure, 10 g of potassium chloride and 50 g of superphosphate per 1 m2 are introduced.
Planting raspberries occurs in the autumn
A healthy planting seedling has light brown roots 15 cm or more in length, and its root neck thickness is 8–10 mm. Closely inspect the plant, it should not be ulcerated formations. If the seedling has a pair of shoots, leave only one, cut off the rest.
In addition, shorten it to a height of 30 cm.
If you are harvesting seedlings in the fall season and are going to plant only in spring, they need to be stored in the winter for proper storage. Fill a plastic bag with fresh, easily moistened sawdust and place the plant's root aggregate in that direction. Keep the seedling at a temperature not higher than 4? С.
Leave the bag open.
Fundamentally important! Watering the seedling during winter storage is prohibited.
- The seedling is placed in the wells or trenches. In the first case, dig pits with a depth of 20 cm and a width of 30 cm at a distance of 40 cm. Sequences are placed every 2 m. Trenches should be 30 cm in depth and 1 m in width. Between the bushes perform a distance of 30-40 cm.
- The plant is lowered into the planting pit and straighten the roots. It is fundamentally important to ensure that they do not bend upwards.
- After that, the seedling is sprinkled with soil and compacted. The root neck is required to be placed at ground level. 5 liters of water are poured under any bush.
- If planting is carried out in the autumn, the plant must spud up to 10 cm, this will help to protect the lower buds in the winter.
- In conclusion, the soil around the bush should be mulched with straw, peat or sawdust.
When planting is crucial to perform the distance between the bushes
Video: planting workshop
Raspberry requires regular watering. Variety Pride of Russia is able to tolerate the lack of fluid, but compliance with the irrigation regime will allow to take larger berries and higher yields. Raspberry bushes moisturize 2 times a week in the second third of May (before flowering), the second half of June (during the formation of the fruit) and during the ripening of the crop.
On 1 m2 30–40 l of water are consumed. It is possible to water from a simple watering can or a hose with a spray, but this should be done in the early morning or at the end of the sun. In another case, the pages are burned.
Russia's pride lacks watering, like other varieties
In October or early November, abundant water recharge irrigation is performed: 60 l per 1 m2. Humidification is carried out in the evening hours, so that moisture gets to the root aggregate. In the daytime, under the influence of high temperature, it can evaporate from the ground.
Top dressing will allow to take even more plentiful harvest.
Fertilizing raspberries of the Pride of Russia variety is necessary three times a year: in May, in July and during the period from August to the first decade of September.
Fertilizers are prepared as follows:
- The first feeding is prepared on the basis of 500 ml of mullein and 10 liters of water. Consumption per 1 m2 - 5 liters. At the end of the mixture, the soil around the bush is mulched with peat, which is laid out in a layer of 7–10 cm.
- The next time the bush is fed with a solution of bird droppings with water (1:20). 10 l in order to make up the composition of 2 tbsp. l urea.
- The mixture for the last feeding is prepared from 20 g of potassium salt, 30 g of superphosphate, 15 g of ammonium nitrate and 10 liters of water.
Before each application of fertilizers, the soil is loosened in between rows to a depth of 5–7 cm. In the case if peat was used as a mulch during the last top-dressing, it is dug up along with the soil. But if straw was used, it must be removed from the site. This is due to the fact that microbes, which consume nitrogen from the earth, are involved in the decomposition of this material.
Thanks to this process, raspberries will not take the substance it needs to the extent necessary.
Garter and Pruning
Pruning will allow the bushes to develop the strongest shoots.
Pruning during the season is carried out three times. Every year, the bush forms up to 10 replacement stems and about 7 root shoots. Leaving all the shoots is not necessary: it is very bad for the quantities of the crop.
Based on this, in May, the formation of bushes.
When the culture is grown by the trench method, 13–15 shoots are left at 1 meter. What if raspberries were planted in the holes in one bush, 5-6 strongest stalks are enough. They are shortened to the first viable kidney. In June, leave 10 of the most developed stems.
The third time pruning is done at the end of the harvest. From the bush removed from the seedlings, damaged and dry shoots.
Video: how to cut raspberries for the winter
Raspberry is required and garter. It is possible to provide a plant with support by two methods:
- The first option is contained in the installation in the center of the stake bush and the garter of the stems with string at 0.5 m and 1.5 m.
- The second type of support is a trellis. On both sides of the sequence at a distance of 30 cm from the bushes two pillars are dug. Between them the wire is pulled, to which the stems are attached.
Fundamentally important! Only fruiting shoots are tied to the support.
Video: garter workshop
Preparation in the winter
For raspberries Russia's Pride, temperatures below -30 ° C are not terrible. But if in the area where the culture grows, the temperature drops below this mark, the plant must be covered. To do this, in the autumn, the bushes bend to the ground (30–40 cm from the ground) and tie one to the second, and then sprinkle it with soil. In this position, the raspberry will be under the snow cover earlier.
In early April the stalks are untied, soon they will take on their own natural look.